Option to skip domain selection for dedicated servers

ChrisGooding

I am wanting to know if it is possible to allow a user to 'skip' the domain option when ordering a dedicated server. Not take the option out all together, as I know it can be done, but rather just have the option to skip it if a domain is not required.

We currently quite a few dedis a month, and 85% of those are to companies for internal use, such as mail servers, or file servers etc, and they very rarely need a domain with the server, just an ip. So obviously having the option to skip the domain section is a must.

Now as said I know it can be 'turned off' or left out for certain products, but that would then mean that the option isn't there for people who do want a domain. We just want it to offer the customer the option to skip the domain selection if they want to.

I suppose the question is, can it be done?

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately that makes the options go away completely, and as said in my post, I am aware of that but that's not what I want to do.

Basically the best way to explain it is, that I am looking for the ability to have an additional option that says Skip domain selection, underneath the current options.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am trying to set this up so there is an option to skip domain selection if required, but I think I am missing something.

I have opened up adddomain.tpl within the default order files, and changed:

<p><input type="radio" name="domain" value="register" id="selregister"{if $domain eq "register"} checked{/if} /> <label for="selregister">{$LANG.orderdomainoption1part1} {$companyname} {$LANG.orderdomainoption1part2}</label><br />
<input type="radio" name="domain" value="transfer" id="seltransfer"{if $domain eq "transfer"} checked{/if} /> <label for="seltransfer">{$LANG.orderdomainoption3} {$companyname}</label></p>

To the following:

<p><input type="radio" name="domain" value="register" id="selregister"{if $domain eq "register"} checked{/if} /> <label for="selregister">{$LANG.orderdomainoption1part1} {$companyname} {$LANG.orderdomainoption1part2}</label><br />
<input type="radio" name="domain" value="transfer" id="seltransfer"{if $domain eq "transfer"} checked{/if} /> <label for="seltransfer">{$LANG.orderdomainoption3} {$companyname}</label></p>
<input type="radio" name="domain" value="skip" id="selskip"{if $domain eq "skip"} checked{/if} /> <label for="seltransfer">{$LANG.orderdomainoption5} {$companyname}</label></p>

That seemed like a straight forward enough change, But the option doesn't appear.

I have found that within configureproductdomain.tpl there is code referring to the selection, but it seems a little more complex, and I am unsure what to add/change to add the skip option.

I have added the following, but again, it doesn't seem to make any difference:

{if $skipdomainenabled}
<input type="radio" name="domainoption" value="skipdomain" id="selskipdomain" onclick="document.getElementById('register').style.display='none';document.getElementById('transfer').style.display='none';document.getElementById('skipdomain').style.display='';document.getElementById('subdomain').style.display='none';document.getElementById('incart').style.display='none'" /> <label for="selskipdomain">{$LANG.orderdomainoption5}</label><br />
{/if}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ChrisGooding

• 3 months later...
  • 10 years later...