Is there a way to generate a gift certificate thr WHMCS?

vj135

I wonder if might be possible to invoke some sort of external "add-funds" script/custom page to allow a non-logged in pay into an account through a predefined gateway. A link to that could then be emailed to a recipient or posted within a page.

Alternatively, depending on your payment gateway, some allow you to create a payment link button that could be configured to credit a nominated account. (eg paypal).

Disclaimer: based on my interpretation of your post. From your post it would appear that you would like some-one to be be able to buy a gift a certifcate on behalf of an existing customer?

I wonder if might be possible to invoke some sort of external "add-funds" script/custom page to allow a non-logged in pay into an account through a predefined gateway. A link to that could then be emailed to a recipient or posted within a page.

Alternatively, depending on your payment gateway, some allow you to create a payment link button that could be configured to credit a nominated account. (eg paypal).

Disclaimer: based on my interpretation of your post. From your post it would appear that you would like some-one to be be able to buy a gift a certifcate on behalf of an existing customer?

To do that you would have to expose all of the usernames for the person to select who to send to gift cert to. With all of the usernames being email addresses, I certainly would NOT want to expose all of my clients to possible spam and for that matter NOT to expose clients details at all. It would go directly against my Privacy Policy.

er?

The closest to this would be my grouppay.

The person owning the account must provide the hash.

Thus getting around the worries sparky posted above.

The closest to this would be my grouppay.

The person owning the account must provide the hash.

Thus getting around the worries sparky posted above.

To contact the owner for a hash key would be defeating the purpose of giving a gift certificate, wouldn't it?

Where would the surprise be!!

gift certificate

–noun

1. a certificate entitling the bearer to select merchandise of a specified cash value from a store, usually presented as a gift.

giftspeaker.gif

–noun

1. something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.
  2. the act of giving.
  3. something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned: Those extra points he got in the game were a total gift.
  4. a special ability or capacity; natural endowment; talent: the gift of saying the right thing at the right time.

–verb (used with object)

1. to present with as a gift; bestow gifts upon; endow with.
  2. to present (someone) with a gift: just the thing to gift the newlyweds.

To do that you would have to expose all of the usernames for the person to select who to send to gift cert to. With all of the usernames being email addresses, I certainly would NOT want to expose all of my clients to possible spam and for that matter NOT to expose clients details at all. It would go directly against my Privacy Policy.

Not necessarily, if the link was emailed to the requester by the admin. the "donate now" type button would contain the recipients details already hashed in the link. From memory you can have encrypted payment buttons and links.

Of course if you are talking about some sort of "choose from a list of clients" , then I agree; that's a bad idea.

but of course the admin could create a custom support department with the necessary custom fields required to help identify the name/domain of the recipient, code the hack/link and drop it into a ticket reply.

Thereby logged & recorded.

Forgot the other half of the equation; the payment would then need to credit that payment to the recipients account. Don't know if thats possible without an invoice or accessing a callback file.

Edited by Zorro67

What about making a one time promo code for the amount, invoicing the purchaser to keep accounts correct, then giving them the code that can only be used once..

The purchaser then passes this promo code to the user (or wraps it up in a pretty box) who can use it whether they're an existing customer or not.

You guys seem to be wanting to over complicate things, so you could create a module that auto created the promo (with some sql) and emailed out the promocode.

Ben