A couple quick pre-sales questions

mixx941

Question

Hi everyone. My free trial license is set to expire in one day and I really like WHMCS. I'm getting ready to order and switch but I have two quick questions first:

1) In the new v3 beta, I see this in the changelog:

* Set tickets to display in reverse order ie. newest reply at the top

I'm running the beta now and I see no way to change this back to how it was previously (proper chronological order). Can this please be an option that could be set in the admin area to show them either way? Having messages displayed in chronological order is how most helpdesks and email works, so to me it definitely needs to have an option to be done that way (as it was previously done).

2) I'm wondering what the WHMCS staff thought of my feature suggestions (here). I understand it's hard to say for sure what may or may not happen in the future and I'm not asking for any definite answer, but I'm wondering general opinions from the WHMCS team about them and if there is a possibility of adding them at some point in the future. They're not show stopping issues, but I think they'd increase productivity for going through invoices and billing inquiries....and I think they would be fairly trivial to implement.

Thanks very much in advance, and for such a great product. :)

-Mark

3 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

I was just thinking the same about point 1 and so will definately be implementing an option so you can choose the way you want it. I just upgraded our support system and I prefer the old style "oldest to newest" order too!

As for your feature requests in that topic, numbers 1, 2 & 3 are all fairly easy. Number 4 is a little more difficult but wouldn't it be more flexible if you were able to filter the invoices list on the due date field and select all the overdue invoices that way?

Matt

Thanks for your responses.

Glad to hear about item 1 :). On feature suggestion 4, I think the filtering by dates would be a great addition as well for even more flexability as you said. I still think though there should be an actual status for Overdue (like Paid, Unpaid, etc) for an easy/quick view of all overdue invoices, and so clients could actually see that status of "Overdue" too as opposed to just "Unpaid".

Perhaps add in the Overdue status type and then the daily maintenance script that is run via cron could do "if today's date is past the due date for this invoice, then change it's status to Overdue (if it isn't already)". Then the client actually sees the "Overdue" status in their invoice list and on the invoices themselves, and then an admin could further filter by the dates as you said to drill down and only show invoices that are X days overdue, etc to then act according to their policies such as contacting the client, suspending manually, etc.

Thanks again.

-Mark