sms notifications

webace

Hi Everyone

I have found a few posts on this subject but nothing that really helps !

I would like to send clients sms notifications when their order has been

received and/or activated using services from bulksms.com has anyone perhaps

done this and willing to share.

Bulksms has a email to sms functionality where whms just needs to send

a email to cellnumber@bulksms.com with the bulksms users password in

the subject line and a message in the message field.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

I can't speak for other carriers, although I am pretty sure this works across the board.

With T-Mobile you can do: 12514585555@tmomail.net (number@tmomail.net)

I am pretty sure that this works for other carriers as well using a different domain of course. Maybe someone could write a simple module based on this fact? Enter your phone number with no characters dashes or spaces, select your carrier, check yes to receive alerts?

Another thing you may wish to consider is ZeepMobile (they are in beta but its free). I use it for my Kayako Ticket Alert SMS and its really nice.

Free and easy!

Edited by mycommon

Well it appears that the system is already in place, a list of choices and gateways, all you really need is someone that can either make use of the actionhooks.php file or drop a module in. It's definitely something that has been suggested before and would be a great addition to the WHMCS platform.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would also be good if it could be specifically urgent/critical tickets for the support side fo things.

Its how we used to set our kayako....

Orders sent a mail to a hidden mail address, which then sent us a text. And any ticket logged as urgent used to txt us.

We used the kayako system as the cost per sms was far greater than that of the normal carriers :)

I've just finished a module to do this.

It works with the BulkSMS service,and ATM works flawlessly.

So far it can only report about tickets, but you can choose to be notified about urgent tickets,what departments, customer replies,new tickets etc

I will post here when I release it.

I will release v1.0 of this later today.

This will be a Single operator, ticket only SMS notifier, using the bulkSMS gateway.

I will soon release more notifying options and then a second project that allows multiple operators with different mobile numbers, it will notify the right operator for the right department.

I will update this thread when I release it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great thank you Blazr is there any way to use / modify it to send clients a sms when their order has been placed so for instance a sms that would say something like "Thanks for your order with ...... Your order number is...... I am sure you get the picture.

Zeep Mobile is a free provider of SMS services and has an API. I currently use it for my Kayako SMS Service. Perhaps we could use the free service provider as an alternative to BulkSMS as overhead is a major issue for a lot of users. Besides, why pay for a service when a free one is available and just as good?

Zeep Mobile is a free provider of SMS services and has an API. I currently use it for my Kayako SMS Service. Perhaps we could use the free service provider as an alternative to BulkSMS as overhead is a major issue for a lot of users. Besides, why pay for a service when a free one is available and just as good?

I can't integrate Zeep into WHMCS as it is US only.

It looks really good though, I'd love to use it.