Anyone else have these problems in Firefox?

YodaCows

There are two Firefox-specific issues that are driving me crazy.

1. The Javascript windows for adding links in messages and the merge fields window only open at about half their width, making them very hard (if not impossible) to read.

2. Sometimes when I delete a character or empty space in a message, it deletes every possible empty space and/or

tag for the rest of the message....meaning I then have to go down the message and put the spaces back in. It's as if I'm using MS Word and I've pushed the Insert keyboard button (where new characters will overwrite existing ones). It can't be my browser as I use TinyMCE in Joomla just fine.

Hopefully someone else is experiencing similar issues.

I'm using Firefox 2.0 BTW.

Thanks,

~YC

I have issues with the editor link creator using IE.

Sometimes when I highlight a word and click on the link generator so I can enter a link the window will pop up but it will show "java error exclamation mark" down the lower corner and it never loads. I have to physically go into the HTML and physically type the link in, but most of the time the link generator works good, like it should. Either way though it always opens the same size.

Never had abuse with IE, been using it since IE3.1, I guess you just have to know how to use it and what your doing.

Tired of the old IE versus Firefox **** comments.

They both have there upsides and downsides and everyone should get over it.

If most people knew what they were doing, most web hosts wouldnt be in business, including yourself.

As far as abuse, well, I think its a pretty good sign that IE has issues when goverment agencies officially recommend against using IE because of security issues. I am not saying that FF hasnt had some as well.

Also, IE is not suited for power users, so i would honestly say the opposite. IE has absolutely zero upsides over FF EXCEPT that stupid people have or still write IE only code which can cause some issues.

But, back to the real issue. It is really important to write web code that works properly in any browser with at double digit percentage usage. 100% of course would be best, but not always possible.

As far as I can remember, I have not duplicated your issues with FF 2.0.

1. The Javascript windows for adding links in messages and the merge fields window only open at about half their width, making them very hard (if not impossible) to read.

2. Sometimes when I delete a character or empty space in a message, it deletes every possible empty space and/or

tag for the rest of the message....meaning I then have to go down the message and put the spaces back in. It's as if I'm using MS Word and I've pushed the Insert keyboard button (where new characters will overwrite existing ones). It can't be my browser as I use TinyMCE in Joomla just fine.

Thanks,

~YC

I use FF 2.0, and haven't seen the issues you're describing. Have you tested in IE and/or Opera, to see if it's truly a browser issue? I am a little confused that you said you use TinyMCE so it can't be your browser....perhaps you meant something different?

Thanks,

~YC

I use FF 2.0, and haven't seen the issues you're describing. Have you tested in IE and/or Opera, to see if it's truly a browser issue? I am a little confused that you said you use TinyMCE so it can't be your browser....perhaps you meant something different?

TinyMCE is the name of the WYSIWYG editor that i think WHMCS uses. Its pretty popular and used by a lot of projects because its open source and free.

• 4 months later...

The only issue I've noticed with FF is the popup window issue, the window is too small for the content it's trying to display. I use FF about 95% of the time, and only use IE when designing pages to make sure they look the same or as close to it as possible.

My biggest pet peeve with IE is that a page that displays perfectly in FF and other compliant browsers, and validates perfectly will display funky (or not at all in some cases) in IE.

My second biggest pet peeve with IE is that so many people still use the darn thing :)