Modernbill v5.6 import problems and issues that should be resolved

hey guys,

Wasn't sure if this should be listed in Bug Reports or here. regardless this info will help a lot of people whom are wanting to upgrade from modernbill as I wish i had this info to better prepare me for the migration.

But the problems and rather large annoyances ive experienced are :

- Importing invoices that are maked 'void' in modernbill are not listed as "cancelled" in whmcs

- Importing invoices that have a $0.00 balance in modernbill due to having credits are not listed as "paid"

- Importing packages did not bring across the prices of relevant packages to whmcs

- Inactive users are imported but if they have active packages these clients get invoiced when they shouldnt on the first whmcs invoice run, this is a major problem!

if this is how WHMCS operates, inactive clients upon import should have their packages cancelled so that they are not billed.

- Invoices that had a credit applied to them in modernbill so only portion of the full invoice amount was oweing are listed as 100% PAID when imported to WHMCS, another big problem

Some information stating the above or some guidelines to adhere to before the import would help a lot of less savvy users.

Also noted that credit cards are not imported either.

I was lucky in this regard as having hit this problem when migrating form modernbill v4.4 -> 5.6 I had the same problem so in 5.6

setup the pen encryption key so that I could recover these myself, which proved extremely useful in the move to whmcs.

Also there is no way that I can see to update a clients entire package list to use a different billing method.

Instead you have to individually select the package and change their billing method from in my case 'bank deposit' to 'credit card'.

Just over half my clients are bank deposit payments, so I had to import with bank deposit/transfer as the standard method.

Than by comparing to modernbills CC process list, find the clients who use CC for payments and bring them up in WHMCS and for every one of their packages

modify the billing method to 'credit card'

If there was an easier way to do that, would be fantastic as well.

I'm fortunate though I have under 75 clients to deal with, those with larger systems would find this quite a nightmare one would believe.

Apart from that, once I hear back from support how to fix up some invoices with a credit/unpaid issue, I couldn't be happier with the move from modernbill to WHMCS.