Ahsay Backup Module and Reseller Option

I have just finished programming a custom ahsay server module for whmcs. For those who don't know, Ahsay is an offsite backup software that service providers sell for as a value added service. It is mainly targeted to small to medium business, but I have done sales to SOHO. (http://www.ahsay.com)

The module itself has the following features:

• Account Creation - it will create a backup account based on the primary company name or if unavailable, the lastnamefirstname.
  • Suspend/Unsuspend
  • Termination
  • Change Password
  • "Server" based admin login (rather than per product)
  • Client and Admin control panel link

I am offering a free trial of the module for anyone's use. Just e-mail me at greg |||||| gbwebhosts.com.

I am also finishing up on a whitelabel and/or branded reseller option for those who do not want to invest in the SANs or extra server capacity (this is very bandwidth intensive). The primary servers will be stored in Dallas, TX with fulltime replication to Colorado Springs, CO. Resellers will be billed per GB and the plugins used by the users. Each month, resellers will get a whmcs bill from my billing system. If you are interested or have any questions, please let me know also.

Greg Beason

GB Web Hosts, LLC

http://www.gbwebhosts.com

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I recommend anyone who is thinking of purchasing the Ahsay module from Greg to think again. I purchased this module from his some time ago, and at that time our WHMCS was not fully online. It was working pretty good however and Greg seemed like a great guy.

Well, our WHMCS finally came online and I noticed this lifetime license we have for the Ahsay module was no longer working. I contacted Greg on June 16th, who told me:

Is there any way we can hold for a week. Jim with

PeakBack/springsdata/peakapi and I merged last quarter. The ahsay module

has not been moved to springs data yet, but I'd like to go ahead and make you right.

same day (June 16th, 2010), he told me he is an hour from home and "Will send you the old code for you to put on. We can change later."

well, since that day Greg has fallen off the radar. My $150 Ahsay module is useless. "license error". Multiple emails to him are unanswered.

I sent him one last email today telling him I expected him to fix this or it would get nasty. His response was to terminate the ashay module subscription, which didn't work to begin with and refund via paypal.

great support! NOT...

As good as Greg was, something has gone south quick. really a shame too, it was a great product when he supported it. I am not sure what is issue is but I hope he comes back from the dark side soon.

I gave him one last opportunity to fix this before I posted this message. He said he didn’t respond to threats or blackmail. All I wanted was what I paid for! Is that a threat? Seems to me he doesn’t respond at all until you get really loud (at the expense of your valuable time, which I have little of)…

So for the $150, I got a lot of wasted time, no meaningful support and a useless module. I will of course update this post should Greg come back from the dark side.

• 1 month later...