AWBS Import Script Released

• WHMCS CEO

An AWBS Import Script has now been released and is available for download from the client area. The script will import the following:

1. Servers

2. Packages

3. Clients

4. Hosting Accounts

5. Invoices

6. Transactions

In order to use the import script, you must first install WHMCS. Remember to always backup your database before running any upgrade or import script on your WHMCS system.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

There are two main issues with the AWBS import script, one minor and one critical.

When importing customer records, the country codes are not imported correctly. e.g. AWBS stores the United Kingdom as gb, WHMCS uses UK as the country code. The effect of this is that the country code imported will not match and tax rules set up in WHMCS and VAT will not be charged on invoices where an unknown country code is stored.

Resolution - Run a query to identify incorrect codes and correct accordingly.

When importing UK domains from AWBS, the registration period is set to one year and the recurring amount is also only a one year value. The effect is that for imported domains, invoice will only be generated for one year which of course will fail as UK domains have to be registered in two year blocks. Knock on is the need to create additional invoices.

Resolution - Run a query to identify UK imported domains and adjust the registrationperiod and recurringamount fields in the tbldomains table.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We have noticed a few things with the import script.

1 It dosnt import passwords ( all passwords billing and cpanel logins ) have to be reset manually

2 CC information ( if stored ) dosnt import

3 some billing terms dont import right awbs has bi-annually whmcs uses semi-annually this causes issues with next billing date due...

for a small company these may not be very important however for larger companies this is a very big deal as it means alot of manual work per client...

that translates into lots of paid man hours and Higher than normal labor costs

• 5 weeks later...

Greetings.

I'm currently a dissatisfied AWBS user. Its buggy, Slow, and the User interface is a bit archaic.

I like the speed and design of WHMCS. So I'm using the 15 day demo to see if its a feasible replacement for AWBS. I've tested out the AWBS importing script and noticed there is a substantial shortcoming - in either the script or the Affiliate program in WHMCS.

Let me explain by backing up some. I love the ability to add an affiliate to an existing order: http://wiki.whmcs.com/Affiliates#Assigning_an_Affiliate_to_an_Existing_Order However. In order for that to happen - I need the AWBS import script to bring in the orders. How else am I to add our existing affiliates to their accounts - unless I re-create the orders - which is a massive undertaking. And will probably deter me from moving to WHMCS.

Also - does the affiliate system support reoccurring billing - eg. they get their % for every bill?

the import script will import the orders,

hosting accounts and the like,

you will notice though that if you have a delay set in awbs between invoice date and billing date you will need to manually edit these.....

we had to push all next invoice dates up 5 days, as well as set the correct payment type, move cc information and c-panel login information

Its a pain to do it but I can tell you that it is worth it ( for us at least ) in the end.

the import script will import the orders,

hosting accounts and the like,

you will notice though that if you have a delay set in awbs between invoice date and billing date you will need to manually edit these.....

we had to push all next invoice dates up 5 days, as well as set the correct payment type, move cc information and c-panel login information

Its a pain to do it but I can tell you that it is worth it ( for us at least ) in the end.

I'm on awbs 2.7.5 (haven't gone to 2.8 yet) I ran the awbsimporter script but It certainly did not import the orders. All my invoices are imported - for which am I grateful. But how do you add affiliates to invoices? is that even an option? I don't see it listed as an option in the documentation. And being new to WHMCS - I didn't see it while I was exploring. What am I missing? (besides the other half of my sanity)

• 5 months later...

I'm doing a custom import for AWBS (5 awbs databases into 1 whmcs) and Matt has kindly given me the import script code to modify.

However I am at the point of importing and have its working to import users and their domains and hosting accounts (I'm leaving old invoices in the old system) which is fine, however like others in this topic I just noticed that no orders are imported (And there is no code in the script to create them).

I don't think there is such a thing in AWBS so I am wondering what the orders list does in terms of automation, is the reoccurring invoicing based on a clients order entry or a clients product entry.

It looks initially that if the order entry is missing then a client wont be billed and cant cancel the product. I am right?

AWBS import script is faulty. It should be fixed ASAP!

Bug #1: raxrate

Script inserts invoices using this query:

INSERT INTO tblinvoices (id,date,duedate,datepaid,userid,subtotal,tax,[u]raxrate[/u],total,status,paymentmethod) VALUES ...

raxrate? That should be taxrate.

Fix: temporarily rename field taxrate into raxrate, import and rename to taxrate again. You can use these commands:

ALTER TABLE `tblinvoices` CHANGE `taxrate` `raxrate` DECIMAL( 10, 2 ) NOT NULL
ALTER TABLE `tblinvoices` CHANGE `raxrate` `taxrate` DECIMAL( 10, 2 ) NOT NULL

That's all for now. I might add I like WHMCS for it's Smarty templating system and native utf-8 support (like our slavic characters), but things like this make me disappointed. After all I am a 'happy' AWBS user trying to ease my life and so far WHMCS without my old data is nothing compared to a 'working' AWBS.

Please fix ASAP. Thanks. .. and sorry for the harsh words..

Edited by tuksinet
Added MySQL commands

I'm doing a custom import for AWBS (5 awbs databases into 1 whmcs) and Matt has kindly given me the import script code to modify.

However I am at the point of importing and have its working to import users and their domains and hosting accounts (I'm leaving old invoices in the old system) which is fine, however like others in this topic I just noticed that no orders are imported (And there is no code in the script to create them).

I don't think there is such a thing in AWBS so I am wondering what the orders list does in terms of automation, is the reoccurring invoicing based on a clients order entry or a clients product entry.

It looks initially that if the order entry is missing then a client wont be billed and cant cancel the product. I am right?

Can you please provide your AWBS import script? I'm also moving away from AWBS and need to import from 2 AWBS installations.

Can you please provide your AWBS import script? I'm also moving away from AWBS and need to import from 2 AWBS installations.

It's not my script to provide, you would need to request it from WHMCS and then modify it for you own use.

My script would likely not be suitable for your situation anyway as my AWBS databases are heavily modified and the script is mod'ed to only import what I want it too. Plus I've put a lot of work into it so would not be prepared to give it away.

It's not my script to provide, you would need to request it from WHMCS and then modify it for you own use.

My script would likely not be suitable for your situation anyway as my AWBS databases are heavily modified and the script is mod'ed to only import what I want it too. Plus I've put a lot of work into it so would not be prepared to give it away.

Alright. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hey all I was wondering if anyone had this issue. I am on my WHMCS trial I went to do the awbs import. Everything went well BUT now when ever I create an invoice in WHMCS everyone gets this phantom Dedicated Server Fee Added for 189.00.

I cant for the life of me find out how to remove it. It isnt in my Products and Services.

Eric Haskins

Hey all I was wondering if anyone had this issue. I am on my WHMCS trial I went to do the awbs import. Everything went well BUT now when ever I create an invoice in WHMCS everyone gets this phantom Dedicated Server Fee Added for 189.00.

I cant for the life of me find out how to remove it. It isnt in my Products and Services.

Eric Haskins

Yes, I confirm this issue. It also does not import invoices, only the transactions.

another issue is the difference in the ways that awbs and whmcs handle the renewal dates, in awbs the next due date is based on the date the invoice is sent out and then adds ( example ) 5 days....

In whmcs the next due date is the actual due date and the invoices are then sent out 5 days prior to this....

be prepared to lose a few days per account.