Emails

Harrison

Hello all,

Some of the emails I send out such as my welcome email and the invoice emails are being marked as possible scams in Thunderbird. I'm using pretty much the default email templates.

Does anyone know which bit of the email might be causing Thunderbird to mark the email as a possible *?

It doesn't move the email from the inbox but I'm just afraid incase other email clients does and the customer misses the email and gets suspended because of it.

Thanks.

Hello all,

Some of the emails I send out such as my welcome email and the invoice emails are being marked as possible scams in Thunderbird. I'm using pretty much the default email templates.

Does anyone know which bit of the email might be causing Thunderbird to mark the email as a possible *?

It doesn't move the email from the inbox but I'm just afraid incase other email clients does and the customer misses the email and gets suspended because of it.

Thanks.

If you look at the headers of the emails (which means sending one to yourself) whatever Spam filtering program you're using on the server (Spam Assassin, MailScanner, etc) will tell you.

Check your server IP in the RBL's to see if it's been reported.

my dns is clean and none of my servers are on black lists and i still have RANDOM issues with gmail, hotmail, and sometimes yahoo. i stinkin hate them. At least AOL tells you about the issue, has documented standards, and has a department to contact about the issue.

Oh, totally, the "free" emails are getting to be more and more a problem, *especially* Gmail. Why anyone would use Gmail is beyond me.

I haven't personally had a problem with AOL, but I've read in the cPanel forum that some hosts are disallowing and forwards set to an AOL address, and even going so far as to run scripts to disable such forwards. I think that's a little harsh, but I do plan on adding a disclaimer about the problems inherit with the free email accounts.

Gmail has "rolled it's own" spam filter and seems to be the worse and highest false positive record.