[RESOLVED] PayPal Website Payments Pro Not Passing Address Info

I am currently testing out PayPal's Website Payments Pro Canada service and their Advanced Fraud Management Filters service and noticed that the WHMCS module is not passing the billing address/IP information to PayPal. While the transactions still go through fine, it renders PayPal's fraud filters useless since it has no data to work with.

My WHMCS gateway log is reporting errors such as this for every transaction:

ACK => SuccessWithWarning

VERSION => 3.0

BUILD => 739997

L_ERRORCODE0 => 10751

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid Data

L_LONGMESSAGE0 => There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a valid state in the billing address.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 => Warning

L_ERRORPARAMID0 => ProcessorResponse

L_ERRORPARAMVALUE0 => 0000

When viewing the transaction in PayPal it is also missing all of address information in the report.

Would it be possible to have the module updated to pass along the billing address/IP info to PayPal so their fraud filters will be able to function?

Note that I am using the just released Canadian version of this service. I am under the impression that it is identical to the US version, but perhaps there is small differences. Are people using the US version having this problem?

Matt has checked on this and said the variables are still the same for the API so it's being sent, but is giving an invalid data error for some reason.

Perhaps there are differences in the Canadian version, but their API docs just point to the US version's, so I would assume everything should be the same.

Can anyone else confirm if this is happening to them and what version you are using (US, UK, Canada)?

Well with the US sandbox it seems to be passing the address right so I guess that only a problem with the Canadian version.

I have discovered other problems though .. WHMCS allows you to enter anything for the state. So my client had "Alberta" instead of the abbreviation (which paypal expects) "AB" .. and the paypal website payment pro gateway log reports "success" with errors:

AMT => 39.90

CURRENCYCODE => USD

AVSCODE => X

CVV2MATCH => M

TRANSACTIONID => XXXXXXXXXXX

TIMESTAMP => 2008-11-07T19:10:30Z

CORRELATIONID => XXXXXXXXXXXXX

ACK => SuccessWithWarning

VERSION => 3.0

BUILD => 739997

L_ERRORCODE0 => 10751

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid Data

L_LONGMESSAGE0 => There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a valid state in the billing address.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 => Warning

L_ERRORPARAMID0 => ProcessorResponse

L_ERRORPARAMVALUE0 => 0000

So even with the address being sent to paypal .. any type of address verification / fraud detection is going to fail anyway because Paypal expects ISO Region codes instead of the full region name.

The only way I see to fix this is to have ajax country / region select lists .. anyone else have a better idea?

Edited by danami