Proper Kayako LoginShare/SessionShare

nielsenj

This makes the official integration with Kayako closer to a "proper" integration with WHMCS.

This expands upon the existing functionality of the official integration by adding a LoginShare (users can log into Kayako using their WHMCS credentials OR Kayako credentials) and SessionShare (logging into one will log you into both, same with logging off).

This version specifically uses WHMC's API so it may be sluggish on high volume systems. I have another version i may release that should be more efficient but requires encoding because of keys.

Here's a short summary:

• Clients can log into Kayako directly using their WHMCS credentials.
  • Clients logging into either Kayako or WHMCS will be logged into both.
  • Clients logging out of either Kayako or WHMCS will be logged out of both.
  • Clients not registered in WHMCS can still submit tickets into Kayako.
    • They will be emailed a confirmation including their logon (email ticket was sent from) and a Kayako generated password.
    • New clients registering in WHMCS with the same email will have all tickets available within WHMCS.
      • Once registered in WHMCS they can log directly into Kayako using their WHMCS credentials *OR* the emailed password.

Known issues:

• The session associated with a direct login to Kayako will take priority over a login under WHMCS with a different email.
    • The client must log out at Kayako and the WHMCS session will take over.

[*]Kayako & WHMCS *MUST* be on the same server or session sharing will not work, only the LoginShare will work

Requirements:

• Official Kayako Integration.
  • Kayako 3.30.02 STABLE Owned version is required.
  • Tested on WHMCS 3.7.2 & Kayako 3.30.02 STABLE (Other versions are not supported).

Link: Here

Please notify me of any bugs so that i can do my best to patch them.

Enjoy!

J

Edited by nielsenj

I should clarify something, was tired when i wrote that ;)

You don't HAVE to have the Kayako integration for this to work but i haven't tested it stand alone.

You may be able to obtain the files directly from Kayako and use it on a leased version.

If your installations are *not* on the same server then simply comment out the WHMCS file paths in the LoginShare module.

The default Kayako integration will not work on seperate URL's.

Since this LoginShare uses the WHMCS API the LoginShare portion will work on seperate servers.

The SessionShare will not work on seperate servers at this time since it uses Sessions which are specific to each server.

If it's just seperate URL's on the same server then i haven't tested that out and it's up to you to figure it out from the information provided.

hi;

thanks a lot for that information about Kayako. I have like three questions that someone might be able to help me with.

First of all, what does Kayako bring to me as an administrator compared to the built in ticketing software with whmcs?

Second of all what will it bring to my clients?

And finally what if i have open support tickets will i be able to import this into my Kayako install?

Oh one more thing if i install Kayako can i prevent users from opening tickets with whmcs and requiring them to open them with Kayako?

My sincere apologies for the questions I'm having. I'm new to this so want to learn it all now.

thanks

This isn't the best place to get answers to your questions about Kayako, a better place would be at Kayako's forum.

This is specifically a LoginShare and isn't an integration. As such, this mod ONLY provides the ability for a WHMCS user to login to Kayako directly if you have the default integration installed.

Here are a few short answers if you use the default integration though:

Admins do not respond to tickets through WHMCS, they must use Kayako's admin interface. You can also use LiveResponse which is why i use Kayako instead of WHMCS. It allows you to run software and view visitors, start up LiveChats, respond to tickets and add content without having to waste time with your browser.

Your client's do not gain any advantage unless you expand the integration with other mods. Tickets are tickets, knowledgebases' are knowledgebases'.. when it comes down to it there is no major difference it's your preference.

You would have to look over at Kayako to see if there is a ticket import script from WHMCS.

Using the default Kayako integration disables WHMCS's client support area meaning all clients submit or use Kayako when they click on links such as "Submit Ticket."

Regards,

J

This is just a reminder since i've recieved a few PM's about it.

If you do not have an owned version of SupportSuite you will have encoded files.

You must contact Kayako directly to obtain unencoded versions of these files if they are willing to provide them.

Regards,

J

Thanks for this module. It doesn't work entirely as advertised (doesn't log the user into SupportSuite when they login to WHMCS, it sets a flag to do it later), but with a little tweaking and some hacky code (which I won't admit to ;) ) we managed to get done what we needed to get done.

Thanks again, great help and save us a lot of time.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

Within that function place (Making sure to replace 'www.yourdomain.com' with your proper domain [ be sure ti include the www]):

I dont understand this. in that file all i see is

function actionhook_ClientLogin($vars) {

# This function runs when a client logs in

# $vars["ClientID"]

Where do i edit the url>?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...