eNom Reseller Account

xxkylexx

Hey Guys,

I've had enough with the sluggish, unresponsive, garbage RegisterFly API system and would like to move out to eNom. What is the best solution for an eNom reseller account, and where can I get one? I know I've seen talk of the cheaper ones which don't require a set-up fee, etc.

I was checking out ModernBill's http://moderndns.com eNom reseller deal for $7.95 domains, but I can't seem to get a signup form to work. Where did you guys sign up for the cheaper eNom account?

Thanks,

Kyle

wow, i make way to many assumptions. I didnt know that users couldnt modify all their normal domain info such as whois, transfers, etc. Thats pretty disappointing. There are way to many things within WHMCS that need to be addressed before any new features are added. This type of domain control should be standard.

FYI guys on the eNom stuff. To use modernDNS you have to already be a ModernBill client. I just happened to be an ex-MB client so I use some of the extra services they offer like modernDNS.

I live just down the road from ModernBill and called them to confirm this as well.

As to the quality and reliability of eNom. You're kidding right... :) I have 30 plus domains through them and not had the first problem yet. I was with another registrar WWD and got smart about the annual fee so I transfered them all to eNom.

FYI guys on the eNom stuff. To use modernDNS you have to already be a ModernBill client. I just happened to be an ex-MB client so I use some of the extra services they offer like modernDNS.

I live just down the road from ModernBill and called them to confirm this as well.

As to the quality and reliability of eNom. You're kidding right... :) I have 30 plus domains through them and not had the first problem yet. I was with another registrar WWD and got smart about the annual fee so I transfered them all to eNom.

I think you misread somewhere as we have said nothing but good things about enom. I love them. Just wish i could get my purchase price down to 6.95 =P

wow, i make way to many assumptions. I didnt know that users couldnt modify all their normal domain info such as whois, transfers, etc. Thats pretty disappointing. There are way to many things within WHMCS that need to be addressed before any new features are added. This type of domain control should be standard.
I know someone that is a superior coder that will be checking with Matt about producing an addon to do just that. Also GeoTrust SSL's. In fact I just talked with him today. IM that is, he's over the big pond with Matt. Hopefully they can work something out. Oh... and he already owns ion-cube too... lol

I think you misread somewhere as we have said nothing but good things about enom. I love them. Just wish i could get my purchase price down to 6.95 =P
No I didn't miss-read. Only adding my kudos for eNom. Plus wanted to let those interested know that it had been verified as to what was required to use ModernDNS.

I know someone that is a superior coder that will be checking with Matt about producing an addon to do just that. Also GeoTrust SSL's. In fact I just talked with him today. IM that is, he's over the big pond with Matt. Hopefully they can work something out. Oh... and he already owns ion-cube too... lol

thats great to hear. Are you talking about getting the geotrust ssl certs from enom?

You can, you just need to find a few grand from somewhere :D

You can open your own "pay-as-you-go" account with GeoTrust and can have their api after that. But you can't distribute the api. The addon would have to point to a reseller. But the pay as you go rates are fairly high. So maybe it can be done via eNom. I had corresponded with Matt sometime ago about him having the GeoTrust account and therefore adding the SSL sales straight into WHMCS (which is what ModernBill does). But to get the prices down, a few thousand would need to be fronted.

Although, GeoTrust has a new type partnership where you guarrantee $7500 (Think thats correct) in the years sales and you don't have to put the money up front. But, if you fall short, your credit card will be billed the difference. I'm making some presumptions here that the SSL addon is doable. Maynot be without taking the mega dollar plunge.

But the eNom domain management stuff should be. If nothing else maybe a stand alone that could be called from the WHMCS support page. A link to the app could just be added via the template. Not as clean but would work for sure.

eNom does offer a client access area (your clients) for minor changes like name servers, whois info via access.enom.com. Uses a password that you (the dealer) set for the client. But, only basics as I said.