Limit Support Departments based on Product/Service.

KuJoe

Is it possible to limit which support departments a user sees based on the product/service they purchased? I would like to offer 2 seperate hosting accounts (1 free and 1 paid), the paid hosting has priority Tech Support(24x7) and free one does not. Is this possible without having my techs check each time whether or not the client has paid for the priority support? Thanks.

A client can have multiple products so they could have both of those hosting options.

Offering priority support if they have any paid hosting product (meaning they could also have free hosting) could be tested for by doing a SQL query for their username and the package ID of the fee package. If they have it then allow the template to include the priority department. Otherwise allow it to only show the standard support.

You could execute it all in a {php}{/php} template setup.

That being said, you could also create an external php script that does the above and have it return a variable based on a passed user id. So call yoursite.com/whmcs/ispaid.php?uid=1 and it returns "true" if the client has paid hosting or not. Then include the link like above. It's a cleaner interface; easier to upgrade.

There *MAY* be something like a "purchased product id list" in the template variables you could test against but you have to include {debug} in the specific template to take a look at them. I don't have access to it at the moment so you're on your own with that one.

Regards,

Justin