PayPal Multi Currency and more tricky features

RenatoMN

Hello,

I developed a module that implement multi currency support to PayPal where you set the base price for a product individually - and some fancy features, like repass the receiving and operational tax/fees to customers.

You can:

- set you WHMCS to use any currency as base

- invoice customers and set products/services in any currency you need

- repass to your customer the receiving tax PayPal charge you

- set a higher tax for customers outside your country (e.g.: 2.9% for local and 3.9% for outside customers)

- repass to your customer the operational fee (e.g.: the 0.30 USD or 0.35 EUR)

- offer your customer an option to pay using other currency if you have an additional PayPal balance, then your customer avoid the 2.5% PayPal conversion fee if paying in a currency different from the product base price currency.

- choose between Automatic Exchange Rate (obtained from xe.com - PayPal update his Exch. Rate from here, twice a day) or Manual Exchange Rate

- choose to use or not the Manual rate if Automatic rate is not available (if set to no, then only the payment in base price will be show)

e.g.:

WHMCS set to GBP, specific product base price set as EUR (payable only in EUR);

WHMCS set to GBP, specific product base price set as EUR, options to pay in EUR or USD; (like the example image below)

WHMCS set to GBP, specific product base price set as EUR, option to pay only in USD;*

and so many other ways...

* useful if your product base price is set in a currency not accepted by PayPal! In this case, you may set your product base price expecting or not a 2.5% PayPal fee - there's no need to set this on the module.

See it:

245zjtw.png

I'm just waiting a reply from Matt to help me with the callback file, to ensure WHMCS treat all payments in currencies different from WHMCS base currency as legit payments, not partial/overpaid transactions, and fix incorrect transaction reports (convert the paid value to your WHMCS base currency). - Anyway, it's working already, but the payment above will generate a 61.63 GBP or 82.63 GBP receipt/incoming report, instead the real value when converted to GBP.

If someone is interested in this, please contact me via PM or post here.

Regards,

Renato

Hello,

I developed a module that implement multi currency support to PayPal where you set the base price for a product individually - and some fancy features, like repass the receiving and operational tax/fees to customers.

This looks awesome !!!

Hopefully matt can provide you the assistance to develop this

Renato this looks like some excellent work and darned useful. I am certainly interested in the module providing it is well supported after it is released. I also wonder whether it will be compatible with all current order form templates and the portal theme?

Renato this looks like some excellent work and darned useful. I am certainly interested in the module providing it is well supported after it is released. I also wonder whether it will be compatible with all current order form templates and the portal theme?

This act as a normal gateway module. You should enable it to the product categories you need it. It's fully compatible with any template.

That sounds awesome!!

Glad you like it :)

This is a very nice feature, can't wait for this to be released

Thanks for your words.

@all

I want suggestions. ;)

This act as a normal gateway module. You should enable it to the product categories you need it. It's fully compatible with any template.

Glad you like it :)

Thanks for your words.

@all

I want suggestions. ;)

When will it be available for public release. Or will this buy a purchase script?

When will it be available for public release. Or will this buy a purchase script?
Hi, I'm interested. Where can I download this mod?
Me2please.

I will provide you the link for more info.

Very good!
Go Renato....awesome stuff! ;)

Thanks

hope this will be available very soon ...

Yes, this will. Probably today, or at max tomorrow.

I'm just dealing with the last function, that will capture the amount received and set the invoice paid. Also, I'm trying to create and additional function to convert the customer credit before this can be applied to an invoice, otherwise, 10.00 USD will be applied to the invoice as 10.00 EUR :lol: - to use the module in the current state you should disable credits - or edit the viewinvoice.tpl, adding a comparison to the if condition to remove this function only for this module.

Well, i wish you understand it is a workaround for the whmcs multi-currency planned feature, that add this functionality only for PayPal. Btw, it's working like a charm for my needs, which is only PayPal!

See you soon ;)

Edited by RenatoMN

• 3 weeks later...