PROPER Kayako + WHMCS LoginShare -- Testers needed

nielsenj

I have created a basic, but proper, LoginShare to work with Kayako and WHMCS that allows users to login via Kayako directly instead of being forced to use the WHMCS front end.

What i need is a couple of testers to have a go at it, preferably in a closed environment, to see if they can see any flaws.

Benefits above and beyond default Kayako provided integration:

1. Users can submit tickets directly through Kayako

a) Existing users in WHMCS (matching email) will have tickets added under their account

b) Users not already in WHMCS will have a local account created in Kayako and a unique password will be emailed to them to view their tickets.

I. Once an account with maching email is created in WHMCS, the user will have access to their Kayako submitted tickets through WHMCS.

2. Users created within Kayako directly or who exist in WHMCS can log in using either or both password depending on which database(s) the user exists in.

3. CAPTCHA will work properly when submitting tickets directly through Kayako (allowing guests to submit tickets while reducing spam on your end).

4. Users submitting tickets via Kayako will have a direct ticket link to Kayako to view. Users submitting tickets via WHMCS + Kayako will have a link to ticket in WHMCS.

Potential drawbacks:

Rather than direct DB access like typical loginshares this uses WHMCS's API. This may degrade performance with large amounts of volume but i am unable to test this or confirm.

Please reply/pm me if you would like to try it out.

PS: I take no responsibilty for any harm that may come to your installation. I have taken appropriate precautions and have tested it on my end but can't dedicate hours upon hours so there may be some bugs.

No,

That is not my mod.. that mod pre-dates the official Kayako integration i believe and is just a integration, no loginshare.

This one is based on the Kayako integration but with an actual LoginShare so you can use Kayako without going through WHMCS and users can also log into Kayako using their WHMCS credentials.

The last thing i'm tackling is session sharing so that logging into one will log you into both and logging out of one will log you out of both.

If you wish to test it out then let me know and i'll PM you a link to download it once i've finished (hopefully sometime tonight or tomorrow).

Thanks,

J

I've released the RC to people who asked to test it.

Here's a summary of what's included above and beyond the official integration:

• Clients can log into Kayako directly using their WHMCS credentials.
  • Clients logging into either Kayako or WHMCS will be logged into both (If installations are on the same server).
  • Clients logging out of either Kayako or WHMCS will be logged out of both (If installations are on the same server).
  • Clients not registered in WHMCS can still submit tickets into Kayako.
    • They will be emailed a confirmation including their logon (email ticket was sent from) and a Kayako generated password.
    • New clients registering in WHMCS with the same email will have all tickets available within WHMCS.
      • Once registered in WHMCS they can log direclty into Kayako using their WHMCS credentials *OR* the emailed password.

If you'd like to be included in testing please let me know and i'll send you the link.

Regards,

J

Edited by nielsenj

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I found complete info at http://www.explovision.net

Is this working for v4 yet?

We have updated the loginshare from http://www.explovision.net/ to work with WHMCS 4.00 and Kayako 3.50.06. If you have donated for this loginshare in the past, you are entitled to a free upgrade, which you should have gotten emailed to you already. If not, please contact us for your free upgrade via the contact form on the website.

As always, support and updates are available only by contacting us through our website. If you ask for support in this thread, it will probably go unnoticed.

Best regards,

Josh