automated functions stopped working

webace

Hi

Perhaps somone could assist (no luck with support)

I run php 5.26 with suphp on my servers, cron has suddenly started

taking forever to run (when done manually) and eventually gives a

500 error auto account creations and termination has also stopped

working and automated cron no longer works.

There have been some security related changes on my server in php

the following functions has been disabled

disable_functions = show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open, allow_url_fopen

Has anyone had a similar issue ?

Looks like you put all the options in from the sugestions from ConfigServer CSF

Try removing all of those disable_functions options from your php.ini and test for your account creations.

By memory curl uses the exec function so you will probably find it is the exec option causing the problem.

For what it's worth, since upgrading to 3.6.2 I've had the same problem. Sometimes the cron job doesn't run at all, sometimes it starts but stops before completing, etc. I end up running it manually most days to get things done.

I moved our site to a different server about the same time, so I'm not sure what the problem is, but we're running 5.2.6 with suphp as you. Every day the cron log shows the cron job running - and no apparent errors are logged anywhere.

I also have problems with hosting provisioning - mostly my browser kicks off the job but then loses the connection to WHMCS. The job completes but WHMCS doesn't know it. I also have really weird problems like a package on a new server that is set to assign a dedicated IP, and will do it when you use "Create a new account" from within WHM, but when WHMCS runs the job, the account gets the shared IP. (The only setting in the server portion of the product configuration is the name of the package.)

So, know that you are not alone, and please let me know anything you find. I haven't even tried support yet because it's so weird.

Edited by Troy