Some issues with paying invoices with "Added Funds"

stevewilliams

When a new client signs up, they pay their first payment through your setup payment gateways. No problem...

A lot of my clients are complaining about the "Add Funds" a feature which I personally LOVE.

If a client has an unpaid invoice for, say $10 & loggs into the client area and clicks "add funds" and adds $50 to their account, the invoice remains unpaid. The credit in their account ONLY automatically pays invoices that appear AFTER the client has added funds to their account.

Also, if they have, say $50 in their credit account and I MANUALLY create an invoice that invoice is also not paid automatically using the credit in their account.

This has become a BIG issue for me as many of my clients have chosen to use the "Add Funds" feature a lot.

Have there been any changes for this? I browsed all the posts in the Tips & Customization forums and have not found anything related to this.

Im trying to do a "must pay in advance" type of thing- I'm trying to avoid creating all these invoices and just making customers add funds to their account to cover future costs- like a prepaid cell phone plan. Its much easier for what Im working with. I would like, after the initial purchase, for the customer to be able to pay whatever they want whenever they want through the "add funds" link.

There are no hooks in the whmcs code for this at the moment.

The only way that i could see to do this would be to put some triggers in your sql database.

These triggers would look for things like Add Funds/Credit Transactions.

Then when this is done the trigger could check.

Only other way is a cron job that runs in php and checks for open invoices. The main issuse is here is when you create a manual invcoice in whmcs you actually create a blank one then add stuff to it so if such a tool ran while you were making an invoice (were up to line 3/4) the tool would pay the invoice.

There are no hooks in the whmcs code for this at the moment.

The only way that i could see to do this would be to put some triggers in your sql database.

These triggers would look for things like Add Funds/Credit Transactions.

Then when this is done the trigger could check.

Only other way is a cron job that runs in php and checks for open invoices. The main issuse is here is when you create a manual invcoice in whmcs you actually create a blank one then add stuff to it so if such a tool ran while you were making an invoice (were up to line 3/4) the tool would pay the invoice.

Do you think it would be possible to create something where this would work with auto recurring invoices (monthly invoices) if the person adds the funds after the invoice is created, and just forget about the manual invoicing function?

Summary- When users add funds to their account through the "Add Funds" button, it will automatically apply the funds added to any outstanding invoices that the customer has.

It do-able, but my experience is that clients prefer the control of specifying which invoices they want to pay, rather than them being auto-paid en-masse

A simple method woudl be to add code to the invoice paid actionhook to check if they have a credit balance, and any unpaid invoices, then take them to the invoice payment page...