How To Disable Support Ticket Replies Once Closed

bigpapa

I noticed that when the admin chooses to close a support ticket, the customer can still view the ticket and submit a reply to it.

How would I make it so that once the ticket is closed, no more replies can be made?

Thank everyone for their help.

ThePlanet do this and we find it slightly frustrating; particularly if an issue re-occurs. But using an if command in supporticketview.tpl you could hide the submit button if the status is closed. Replace:

<input type="submit" value="{$LANG.supportticketsticketsubmit}" class="button">

With something like:

{if $status eq "Closed"}This ticket has been closed, please open a new ticket.
{else}
{/if}

You could of course expand this to hide the entire text field rather than just the submit button.

ThePlanet do this and we find it slightly frustrating; particularly if an issue re-occurs. But using an if command in supporticketview.tpl you could hide the submit button if the status is closed. Replace:

With something like:

{if $status eq "Closed"}This ticket has been closed, please open a new ticket.
{else}
{/if}

You could of course expand this to hide the entire text field rather than just the submit button.

Thank you very much for your help. I only close tickets that are like at least 30 days without a reply to clear up the open tickets and not worry about them anymore.

Thanks again.

Dang that code didn't work for me...

Find this code in supportticketsview.tpl

{if $showclosebutton}
<p align="center"><input type="button" value="{$LANG.supportticketsstatuscloseticket}" onclick="window.location='{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?tid={$tid}&c={$c}

&closeticket=true'" class="button" /></p>
{/if}

move the {/if} to the bottom of the page this will hide the reply box and button

if the ticket is closed.

Edited by herpherp

Yeah, I hate it when The Planet close their tickets. Just this week I had to open 4 seperate tickets, each referencing the other as they were closing out tickets without fully resolving the issue. Hate it.

But, to expand a little further on a NO REPLY if CLOSED, how about adding an extra variable in there so that if it's CLOSED and the date is greater than say "30 or 60 days" then do not display the reply tag and instead display something like "this ticket is too old to reply to, please open a new one". That may be useful?

Don't know how to do it, but maybe someone here does? :)

But, to expand a little further on a NO REPLY if CLOSED, how about adding an extra variable in there so that if it's CLOSED and the date is greater than say "30 or 60 days" then do not display the reply tag and instead display something like "this ticket is too old to reply to, please open a new one". That may be useful?
This is a good idea and a nice touch in that the client has a reason to understand.

Find this code in supportticketsview.tpl

{if $showclosebutton}
<p align="center"><input type="button" value="{$LANG.supportticketsstatuscloseticket}" onclick="window.location='{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?tid={$tid}&c={$c}

&closeticket=true'" class="button" /></p>
{/if}

FYI if you have email piping enabled and a client replies to a closed ticket this will still re-open it.

Ben