Not A registered Client

Revolution

If a client submits a support ticket from the Submit Trouble ticket on the submitticket.php form, in the admin area, the client shows up as Not a Registered Client when really they are a client. How can this be fixed. I submitted this once before and you said it would be on the next release, but it wasn't. Just checking. :wink:

I tested what Revolution was talking about - and if I don't login to the client area, but submit a ticket with the same email address on one of my clients accounts the ticket still says "not a registered user" - Either by submitting a ticket online or piped via email it should be able to do a simple check against the clients in the database for a matching email address...

Also, it would be nice to be able to assign a ticket to an account (similar to reassigning a hosting package to a new customer) for times when a ticket is submitted via the contact form or piped from email from an email address other than what is on file for the customer... A lot of times, the email address on file with be their email address before opening an account - then they will open tickets with an email address from their hosting account which differs.

I don't know how the ticket system is handled now - just throwing Ideas out:

Perhaps a "clientid" field in the ticket database table that is assigned the id of a clients account if the "from" or "reply-to" headers match on piped emails or the from address on emails submitted via the website, otherwise blank if there is no match - that way it would be easy to "move" the ticket to another client. (For example, I have a customer with 2 seperate accounts personal and business who may use his personal email to open a ticket related to his business account, it would assign the ticket to his personal account based on the email address but I could reassign it to his business account)

I briefly mentioned this in a previous post to the feature request forum but didn't go into much detail :)

• WHMCS CEO
Either by submitting a ticket online or piped via email it should be able to do a simple check against the clients in the database for a matching email address...

This is already done for email piping. Will add it to the online submission form for the next release too.

Also, it would be nice to be able to assign a ticket to an account (similar to reassigning a hosting package to a new customer) for times when a ticket is submitted via the contact form or piped from email from an email address other than what is on file for the customer...

This should be in the feature requests section - I believe you have already posted it in a post there too.

I don't know how the ticket system is handled now - just throwing Ideas out: Perhaps a "clientid" field in the ticket database table that is assigned the id of a clients account if the "from" or "reply-to" headers match on piped emails

Yes, this is exactly how it is done.

Regards,

Matt

Also, it would be nice to be able to assign a ticket to an account (similar to reassigning a hosting package to a new customer) for times when a ticket is submitted via the contact form or piped from email from an email address other than what is on file for the customer...

This should be in the feature requests section - I believe you have already posted it in a post there too.

Is this going to be added in the next version, Matt? I think it's a good idea. :)

• WHMCS CEO

It's a very easy thing to add - admin piping replies to emails. However, the difficulty is the need to make sure you have something in place to prevent two admins from replying to the same ticket as this will just confuse the customer. Tickets are not assigned to any "one" admin with the current system so when a ticket is opened and sent to all operators of a department, if they don't have to login to respond, how does anybody know which ticket they should reply to. This has been discussed before and is why it is not yet a feature.

Matt

Just saying it was updated would be fine I would think. That way everyone would know the ticket was responded to.

But I am sure you will get someone saying that they would like to see the response in the Tiket updated email.

That is what happens when the cleint replies if I am not mistaken.

Just trying to think of a way to get this and let everyone know the ticket was responded to.

• WHMCS CEO

Yeh, I think that's the best solution to the problem that has been suggested thus far. I think it would work too.

Kind of gone off topic a bit so in response to the original post, yes you will be able to assign tickets to clients in the next version.

The next version (V2.6) was going to be released soon after christmas and would include tax support. However, after a rethink, V2.6 will now be released before christmas and the tax support will be added for what will now be called V3 and still released early in 2007 (same release time, just a different number).

Matt

The next version (V2.6) was going to be released soon after christmas and would include tax support. However, after a rethink, V2.6 will now be released before christmas and the tax support will be added for what will now be called V3 and still released early in 2007 (same release time, just a different number).

Is multiple currency support still scheduled for V2.6?

• WHMCS CEO
I think we could get Tax Support into V2.6 and if its a customer based setting it shouldn't be too difficult

After considering multiple currencies, it will be much more difficult than I first thought and is no longer planned for V2.6. Take for example the earnings estimates, reports, transactions lists, accounting, invoices - this will all have to change to accomodate different currency types.

The plan is first for Tax in V3, then multiple currencies after that. These two things are more difficult than anyone may think - it will involve changes to almost every way in which the system currently functions and is going to take a lot of planning to ensure it doesn't negatively effect the ease of use of WHMCS. It may end up they are both implemented at the same time or maybe at different times - it is still under consideration.

An extensive testing period will also be required so these two things could be the only releases for a number of months next year.

Matt

After considering multiple currencies, it will be much more difficult than I first thought and is no longer planned for V2.6. Take for example the earnings estimates, reports, transactions lists, accounting, invoices - this will all have to change to accomodate different currency types.

Fair enough Matt, I understand that. Just out of interest, have you checked out ModernBill V5 to see how they do it, just to get some ideas?

• WHMCS CEO

Currently, when using the submit ticket form online, if the user is not logged in the ticket will not be associated with their account. This is what will be changed in the next version. It doesn't sometimes work and sometimes not.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

Correct. Currently they would need to be logged in online when submitting a ticket for it to be associated with their account or send it in by email. The form doesn't assign it to their account if they are not logged in.

Matt