New to this

cindt

Question

Hi, this might be a really stupid question but I am going to be reselling a shopping cart to my web design clients. They will need support for their carts from me and I will be hosting them on my hosting account through go daddy.

Can WHMCS be used to support my clients I host even though I do not own my own server? Or is this product for those who own servers and are providing hosting that way?

If WHMCS does what I need it to do please let me know if not does anyone know a way I can provide support to clients otherwise?

I am sorry for the question if it is too stupid. I looked before posting but did not find a clear answer.

thanks,

Cindy

8 answers to this question

Godaddy has a custom built Domain Account Manager and a custom built Server Control Panel. It is not a POS, but not as easy as CPanel. Godaddy went away from the industry standard because Bob wanted his own grasp on the W3 and got it.

cindt,

I do not believe that WHMCS will do as you are looking for because it will not talk to the backend of your server. My honest suggestion is to find another server that uses CPanel for you to have a reseller account on, or possible VPS/Dedicated. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news...if I am correct MB, WHMAP, or Lpanel will not even work with Godaddy

lol...I did not say I use them, and by no means like them. I have had my fair share of bring clients over from the Godaddy Domain Administration Panel, and it was not the best times. I just said that Bob must be doing something right to keep GoDaddy on top of the market....

Maybe it is not Bob but the GoDaddy Girls.....hmmm

lol...I did not say I use them, and by no means like them. I have had my fair share of bring clients over from the Godaddy Domain Administration Panel, and it was not the best times. I just said that Bob must be doing something right to keep GoDaddy on top of the market....

Maybe it is not Bob but the GoDaddy Girls.....hmmm

its called price and name recognition. Nothing to do with quality of service or spammy site.