Mac/iPhone/Safari Carriage Returns in E-Mails

MikeDVB

Hello,

I use my iPhone (Safari) browser occasionally when I am on the go to send emails to our clients. Well it seems that the "return" or carriage return/enter key on the iPhone/Safari is not correctly interpreted by WHMCS and thus is not converted to HTML correctly.

I am more than willing to work with Matt/Whoever to get this small problem corrected - I use my iPhone because it is lightning fast compared to my WM6 Pocket PC Phone!

When I type the e-mail out what happens is that it pretty much ends up as one big blob of text, and even though I separate it out into paragraphs it still comes through as one big blob!

Thanks,

I'm going to test this on my friend's Mac G4 and see if it's Mac specific or Safari Specific or just specific to Safari on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

It may seem like a minor issue but when you use your iPhone for business on the go as I do it can be a bigger issue. It should be relatively easy to fix :)

How are you creating the email?

On my touch I cannot Go to Client > Send Email, as clicking on the text editor does nothing (clicking on it doesn't induce the keyboard).

Replying to tickets in the admin area on both my mac and touch is working as expected with returns.

If you want me to test anything else let me know,

Ben

How are you creating the email?

On my touch I cannot Go to Client > Send Email, as clicking on the text editor does nothing (clicking on it doesn't induce the keyboard).

I'm doing it just like that - I did have this issue once and I just reloaded the page and it worked fine. Only had the issue you mentioned once out of probably dozens of emails.

Replying to tickets in the admin area on both my mac and touch is working as expected with returns.

Yeah, it works fine when replying to tickets.