Multiple Nominet/Enom Modules

roop

Hi Everyone,

Having taken over another hosting company I have more than one Nominet IPSTAG. Is it possible to duplicate the Nominet module, and have different settings/TAGs for each of them?

The other company also uses OpenSRS where as I primarily use Enom, so that isn't as much of a problem but it would be nice to know if it's possible to use multiple Enom modules as well.

Many thanks,

Rupert

Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying. I was hoping you would see this as I thought you would be my best bet for a solution!

The reason for asking was to see if we could keep things separated so all the nameservers + contacts represent the correct hosting company name/tag etc, rather than trying to merge everything into a single brand/name, with the exception of a central billing system.

Thanks for the pointer about OpenSRS - I wasn't entirely sure about that! ;) I was considering setting up a 2nd Enom account for the new brand, but if the billing system won't support it then I'll stick with one!

Rob do you manage multiple/different brands or do you merge/transfer all of your aquisitions into your main brand?

Thanks anyway,

Rupert

Rob do you manage multiple/different brands or do you merge/transfer all of your aquisitions into your main brand?

Both :)

We have several brands which have their own WHMCS installs and are kept entirely separate, and are doing a general "debranding" excercise to bring most of them under one "roof" now.

We have a merge system to dump all the disparate whmcs systems into one central setup for reporting and trend analysis etc, about 60 custom reports and a whole plethora of cron jobs that do strange things to the DB's ;)

We do actually run 3 different versions of the Nominet module to handle some of the tags in one system, the gpg config's a bit of a PITA but it does the job ...