Order Summary needs more

yabado

I am using the single page order form in 3.7.1 and wonder if there is a way to show the customers order details under order summary.

Right now it just shows this...

Subtotal: $7.98 USD

Total Due Today: $7.98 USD

Total Recurring: $19.95 USD Monthly,

So they know how much, but cannot verify the package, domains, add-ons added, etc...

How do I add this back?

As always it seems I answer my own question after asking it -> duh!

I added this from the 'cart->viewcart' template into the 'singlepage->viewcart' template...

<table align="center" cellspacing="1" class="carttable">
<tr class="carttableheading"><td width="55%">{$LANG.orderdesc}</td><td width="45%">{$LANG.orderprice}</td></tr>

{foreach key=num item=product from=$products}
<tr class="carttableproduct"><td>
<strong><em>{$product.productinfo.groupname}</em> - {$product.productinfo.name}</strong>{if $product.domain} ({$product.domain}){/if}<br />
{if $product.configoptions}
{foreach key=confnum item=configoption from=$product.configoptions} » {$configoption.name}: {if $configoption.type eq 1 || $configoption.type eq 2}{$configoption.option}{elseif $configoption.type eq 3}{if $configoption.qty}{$LANG.yes}{else}{$LANG.no}{/if}{elseif $configoption.type eq 4}{$configoption.qty} x {$configoption.option}{/if}<br />{/foreach}
{/if}
</td><td align="center"><strong>{$product.pricingtext}{if $product.proratadate}<br />({$LANG.orderprorata} {$product.proratadate}){/if}</strong></td></tr>
{foreach key=addonnum item=addon from=$product.addons}
<tr class="carttableaddon"><td><strong>{$LANG.orderaddon}</strong> - {$addon.name}</td><td align="center"><strong>{$addon.pricingtext}</strong></td></tr>
{/foreach}
<tr class="carttableconfig"><td><a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?a=confproduct&i={$num}" style="color:#009900;">[{$LANG.carteditproductconfig}]</a> <a href="#" onclick="removeItem('p','{$num}');return false" style="color:#cc0000;">[{$LANG.cartremove}]</a></td><td> </td></tr>
{/foreach}

{foreach key=num item=addon from=$addons}
<strong>{$addon.name}</strong><br />
{$addon.productname}{if $addon.domainname} - {$addon.domainname}{/if}
</td><td align="center"><strong>{$addon.pricingtext}</td></tr>
<tr class="carttableconfig"><td><a href="#" onclick="removeItem('a','{$num}');return false" style="color:#cc0000;">[{$LANG.cartremove}]</a></td><td> </td></tr>
{/foreach}

{foreach key=num item=domain from=$domains}
<strong>{if $domain.type eq "register"}{$LANG.orderdomainregistration}{else}{$LANG.orderdomaintransfer}{/if}</strong> - {$domain.domain} - {$domain.regperiod} {$LANG.orderyears}<br />
{if $domain.dnsmanagement} » {$LANG.domaindnsmanagement}<br />{/if}
{if $domain.emailforwarding} » {$LANG.domainemailforwarding}<br />{/if}
{if $domain.idprotection} » {$LANG.domainidprotection}<br />{/if}
</td><td align="center"><strong>{$domain.price}</strong></td></tr>
<tr class="carttableconfig"><td><a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?a=confdomains" style="color:#009900;">[{$LANG.cartconfigdomainextras}]</a> <a href="#" onclick="removeItem('d','{$num}');return false" style="color:#cc0000;">[{$LANG.cartremove}]</a></td><td> </td></tr>
{/foreach}

{if $cartitems==0}
<tr class="clientareatableactive"><td colspan="2">
<br />
{$LANG.cartempty}
<br /><br />
</td></tr>
{/if}

<tr class="carttablesummary"><td align="right">{$LANG.ordersubtotal}:  </td><td align="center">{$subtotal}</td></tr>
{if $promotioncode}
<tr class="carttablesummary"><td align="right">{$promotiondescription}:  </td><td align="center">{$discount}</td></tr>
{/if}
{if $taxrate}
<tr class="carttablesummary"><td align="right">{$taxname} @ {$taxrate}%:  </td><td align="center">{$taxtotal}</td></tr>
{/if}
{if $taxrate2}
<tr class="carttablesummary"><td align="right">{$taxname2} @ {$taxrate2}%:  </td><td align="center">{$taxtotal2}</td></tr>
{/if}
<tr class="carttablesummary"><td align="right">{$LANG.ordertotalduetoday}:  </td><td align="center">{$total}</td></tr>
{if $totalrecurringmonthly || $totalrecurringquarterly || $totalrecurringsemiannually || $totalrecurringannually || $totalrecurringbiennially}
<tr class="carttablesummary"><td align="right">{$LANG.ordertotalrecurring}:  </td><td align="center">{if $totalrecurringmonthly}{$totalrecurringmonthly} {$LANG.orderpaymenttermmonthly}<br />{/if}
{if $totalrecurringquarterly}{$totalrecurringquarterly} {$LANG.orderpaymenttermquarterly}<br />{/if}
{if $totalrecurringsemiannually}{$totalrecurringsemiannually} {$LANG.orderpaymenttermsemiannually}<br />{/if}
{if $totalrecurringannually}{$totalrecurringannually} {$LANG.orderpaymenttermannually}<br />{/if}
{if $totalrecurringbiennially}{$totalrecurringbiennially} {$LANG.orderpaymenttermbiennially}<br />{/if}</td></tr>{/if}
</table>

if that helps anyone else.

• 1 month later...

yabado Thanks for providing this! When I was testing this and looked at the standard set up I told myself, this is going to cause a lot of shopping cart abandonment. The order summary as is not good enough.

For one thing if your using prorated which I forgot I was, and I looked at the total price and said to myself that price isn't right, then I remember, yes I set it to prorata. BUT the customer isnt going to know that, it doesn't mention the order is being prorata. So the

Please change to the next upgrade, the way it is the single page check out is almost useless if its going to cause questions in the customers mind, heck it did in mind, and I am sure it will in the customers.

Thanks

• WHMCS CEO

The order template where it shows like this is the Single Page order template. All products, addons & domains that are selected for the order are shown on the one page and so the user can see exactly what has been selected on that page to make up the subtotal right above it and there is no need to list the items again like all the other templates do.

Matt

Matt

Maybe I am missing something here, after all I am new to WHMCS and still learning the software, but I have single page selected in my setup and I am confused as to what makes this a single page check out.

When I start the order process, say for a hosting package.

Step 1 Customer selects the domain name (page 1)

Step 2 Now Customer must select the billing cycle (page 2)

Step 3 Customer must select the domain configuration (like DNS, Email forwarding etc) (page 3)

Step 4 The customer finally sees the Order Summary page (page 4)

And my sample order I am placing I see this:

Subtotal: $330.30 USD

Texas @ 7.25%: $23.95

Total Due Today: $354.25 USD

Total Recurring: $347.49 USD Annually

Here is my take, the customer hasn't seen anywhere in the order process where this is going to be prorated. And they see the total is different of $354.25 and the Annually amount of $347.49, that is a difference and it needs to be explained to the customer why the amount is different. Also the Tax should be listed as tax as well. So my suggestion would be to have it like this:

Annual Amount: $324.00

Prorated Amount: $6.30

Subtotal: $330.30 USD

Texas Tax @ 7.25%: $23.95

Total Due Today: $354.25 USD

Total Recurring: $347.49 USD Annually

That format the customer would see an itemized break down of the charges, I know I like to see that before I give anyone my credit card, I want to make sure there isn't anything in the charge I didn't approve up and when there is a different in price I want to see why there is a difference.

And up thru the process I still have not see a list of the products ordered as a summary. I think that is what yabado is getting at.

And also, this is suppose to be a single page check out. I am not sure of the definition of a single page check, but I have been sent through 5 different pages before the Order process is over, so I am trying to under stand the process. I guess I need to look at the standard check in WHMCS to get a better understanding.

My idea of a Single Page Check out is like this Demo site here http://www.karthost.com/store/

That is a demo site so no order will really be placed, but once a customer is on the check out page they remain on the same page they are not moved from one page to the next, and in actual field testing that type of single page check out had a large reduction of shopping cart abandonment.

Thanks Matt