Ioncube and Hostgator - compatible?

kanjigirl

Question

I just got an account on HostGator solely for running WHMCS and a project manager called ActiveCollab, because my usual host doesn't offer Ioncube support. But I don't know if I can use both...

ActiveCollab requires PHP5+. HostGator is running the Ioncube loaders version 4.x because they tell me that the server I'm on is running PHP 4.4.4. My particular account was upgraded to PHP 5+ to accommodate ActiveCollab.

So HostGator says that because I'm running PHP 5+ on my account, the Ioncube loader is not compatible. And runtime loading is not available, I tried that with the correct 5.x version of the loaders.

Is there anything else I can do to run both of these programs together?

5 answers to this question

Hey,

WHMCS comes with IonCube loaders so even if HostGator doesn't support them (odd becuase they should as most host do) WHMCS will look for the ioncube folder to run them in.

This is how your dir. should look

----

WHMCS is installed under http://www.support.domain.com/whmcs/

--

public_html/support/ioncube/ <-- Ioncube folder that comes with WHMCS

public_html/support/whmcs/ <-- WHMCS location

public_html/support/whmcs/admin <-- Admin area of WHMCS

----

From,

Adam

That's exactly how my directory looks.

HostGator tells me that I can't use Ioncube because they're using 4.x on the server, and I need 5.x because I'm using a newer version of PHP on my particular account than the server in general is using - if that makes any sense. They suggested putting the Ioncube handler/type in an .htaccess file, but I don't know what the handler/type should be...

It is possible to run these all together, I use HostGator for my reseller hosting, and am running both ActiveCollab and WHMCS on my account.

You need to keep bugging Hostgator tech, because they did kind of give me the run-around when it came to the ioncube loaders, but I think that is because not all of the support start are familiar with them. (I was never able to get the ioncube loaders that came with whmcs to work). I'm hosted on the Vanquish server, if they try to say it can't be done say that isn't so because I am (main domain is http://www.sayshea.com).

(I also had the same setup - using a newer version of php on my account than the rest of the server was using. I had that setup so I could run ActiveCollab) as far as I know though that had nothing to do with getting whmcs to run. It all had to do with the ioncube loaders.

What I would do is run PHP4 by default for my domain, then run PHP5 for ActiveCollab by by simply creating an .htaccess file with

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php .php4 .php3 .phtml

In it and then placing the .htaccess file in your activecollab folder.

That's what I added to my .htaccess file, but I did place it the main folder. I only had to upgrade one other script I had running to work with it, but I like to be up to date on things anyway as much as I can.