Integration Help!

megalogs

hi, I have been looking around and have seen that loads of people are Integrateing WHMCS into there site template, I am wanting to do this but when i remove the WHMCS header and insert my header, all i get is a blank screen:

client.JPG

I am editing header.tpl in the template folder called Portal and this is what headder.tpl looks like!

Please help me!

header.zip

At quick glance, the header should more or less work... but you are also closing the body and html tags, so that may be the problem. Additionally, running it through TIDY reveals there is a table tag which is not closed and unexpected closing div and td tags. There are also a bunch of references to images on your local drive. You'll need to clean up your markup first, then make sure you are not closing the body and html.

here's a useful link for TIDY: http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

You are trying to parse everything in the header.tpl

Displaying a page is broken up into 3 sections

HEADER

CONTENT

FOOTER

without looking too far fix that first (see the wiki for help to create pages)

Edit header.tpl for just the header content (logo, menu and stuff you want displayed on every page)

For your content front page edit homepage.tpl and you can use

{if $loggedin}

Leave the original contents of homepage.tpl here

{else}

Put your page content here

{/if}

So if the user is logged in they will see the whmcs front page and if no user is logged in (eg... the public) they will see your content.

Edit footer.tpl for your footer content (stuff you want displayed on every page)

Also if you want to put your styles into a template use the {literal} ... {/literal} tag to enclose your style sheet

Good practise is to have your styles in a separate file and call it from between the <head> tags