Ticket response - partial HTML code

One of my employees reported today that they ran into an issue in the ticket portion when responding to a client. Basically the client wanted to create a secondary FTP access on their account (not a problem, cpanel can do that). However when posting the information into the ticket, it partially makes the code an HTML link. Anyone know a way of putting in a CODE block, similar to on forums when you use the brackets etc?

The URL should be like this

[size=2][url="ftp://username%40domain.com@domain.com"]ftp://username%40domain.com@domain.com[/url][/size]

But because there's TWO "@" symbols on the line, WHMCS makes an attempt to URL the email adress but it results in the following:

[size=2][size=2]"ftp://username%40domain.com@domain.com" target="_blank">ftp://username%40domain.com@domain.com[/size]
[/size]

It gives a PARTIAL HTML output and screws the user ;)

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get around that? For now we've just attached our example to the user as a text attachment, but figured I'd post it in here. It's a very VERY rare occurance, and not even sure if there's a workaround for it.

Well I ran into it again, this time under the Knowledgebase.

It is currently not possible to put HTML code in the knowledgebase as WHMCS trys to parse it.

Is there any way to disable the parsing of HTML code on the KB articles? Many of our articles have code for things such as Robots.txt or scripts to help various programs etc.

Thanks,

• 2 years later...