Dotstrar Domain Registrar

rmsilver7

So I have a domain reseller account from Dotstrar that I can get domains pretty cheap (I havn't tried registering one yet) but I see that there isn't any module for this registrar. But they are a resller of the same services as NetEarthOne, so would using the NetEarthOne module work for Dotstrar? Or would a custom module have to be made?

So I have a domain reseller account from Dotstrar that I can get domains pretty cheap (I havn't tried registering one yet) but I see that there isn't any module for this registrar. But they are a resller of the same services as NetEarthOne, so would using the NetEarthOne module work for Dotstrar? Or would a custom module have to be made?

A custom one probably because the calls will be to NetEarthOne url, but it would be cheaper for you just to switch to net earth one as they offer exactly the same service.

Dotstrar is letting me do .com/net/org domains for $6.99, whereas NetEarthOne is $7.45 (on the Teir 2 plan), only a .46 difference, but every little bit counts. Otherwise the cheapest I have seen it ResellOne for $6.49, but you have to pay a one time $99 fee.

Right now I use OnlineNIC but I am just about out of money and I am not to impressed with their interface, so I want to switch (plus I am paying $8.49 a domain there).

What kind of rates are you finding?

I'm finding the exact same thing. I actually went with Enom...a little higher priced but not really when you consider the few cents extra for add-ons that Directi and others charge (at least for those clients who want full domain management). Also, I believe Enom is the only service with all management features supported by WHMCS. Having said that, I am also impressed with NetEarthOne. As you mentioned, their prices are good. And they get great reviews.

I would be impressed with Dotster if they would work with WHMCS. I am surprised that they don't...it could be a tremendous source of business for them.

Sorry I didn't have anything different to report. I was just wondering what quotes you got, and it seems that the registrars are being above board and giving both of us the same quotes. :-)

Hi Riika,

You can use the NetEarth One or Resellerclub/Directi module without any problems.

But they are just a reseller. They are not ICANN accredited. If this doesn't matter then no need to worry. But any support if they dissapear means you will have to deal with PublicDomainRegistry (DI/RC) and then start afresh building up your credit to get cheaper domains.

Chris

Chris is absolutely correct. You may also want to note, that unless they have special terms with Resellerclub/Directi, their pricing model is money-loosing for the most part, so buyer beware. Are charging a large funding fee or something?

• 2 months later...

Hi, Im from dotstrar.com we will always give you the same price as resellerclub tier3 for .com/.net/.org. The only mark up we do is for the other TDLs. We will always give you the pricing for .com/.net/.org for what we get it for.

Directi plugins for WHMCS should work with Dotstrar.com.

We are looking into registering our company with iCann once we have the funds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...