Directi Plugin Questions

joacts

Question

Hi, I am playing around wth the trial and have some questions regarding the Directi plugin:

I noticed that client accounts are not created at Directi side, will this be added in? This is needed if something happens to me or my site and clients can log in and change servers. There are also functions in the Directi control panel that doesn't exist in this plugin. Also, if client accounts are not created, what does the whois info show regarding who owns the domain?

I didn't see a way to nenew domains. Did I miss it or does that function don't exist?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi joacts,

The DirectI module registers all domains under a single customer account. Hopefully nothing will happen to you or your site so customers will always be able to manage their domains using their WHMCS client area. Customers domains despite being registered under one customer are registered in the customers name and the whois information can be edited individually via WHMCS.

The DirectI integration with WHMCS does not support all features. It allows modifying of nameservers, whois contact information, registering of domains and transferring of domains. Support to renew domains has been added for the V2.5.8 update.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Currently, I am a one-man operation and since life is short and an air conditioner can fall on me tomorrow, I need to assure my clients that they'll be able to have their sites up and running if something did happen to me. I'm currently using another hosting/domain registration system that does register accounts at Directi automatically so I do have peace of mind. Another function besides the "Renew" that the plugin doesn't have is "Create Child Servers." I offer clients their own nameservers and that is needed to create that. They also have "URL Masking" too. But even though your plugin doesn't have the support, as long as they can login to the Directi side, it doesn't matter.

You have very good software and it's very easy to use but it seems all the hosting/domain registration software out there always lack something! If I can combine what I'm using now (which is a shopping cart system but they're missing add-ons among other things) with the functionality of your software, that would complete my mission to find the perfect hosting/domain registration solution.

It was wise to at least put the the "Renew" function in your next update, it eliminates another step. Keep up the good work, I'll be keeping my eyes out for your updates since WHMCS is the closest to what I'm looking for.

J

Hi joacts,

The DirectI module registers all domains under a single customer account. Hopefully nothing will happen to you or your site so customers will always be able to manage their domains using their WHMCS client area. Customers domains despite being registered under one customer are registered in the customers name and the whois information can be edited individually via WHMCS.

The DirectI integration with WHMCS does not support all features. It allows modifying of nameservers, whois contact information, registering of domains and transferring of domains. Support to renew domains has been added for the V2.5.8 update.

Regards,

Matt

I don't understand why a domain has to be registered under a single customer account. I have used other hosting programs that register accounts at Directi automatically. Now i have to log in to directi and create all the account manualy.

I don't understand why a domain has to be registered under a single customer account. I have used other hosting programs that register accounts at Directi automatically. Now i have to log in to directi and create all the account manualy.

I thought about doing that but that means I would have to move the domain over from the old customer# to a new customer# and if I did that, and the client decides to make changes to the domain in WHMCS, they wouldn't be able to because the the "single customer account" no longer has that domain.

J