Live support

NH-Andrew

Question

I've been waiting for someone to be online for two days now - I'd dearly like to speak to Matt about the few pre-sales I have... I have detailed them in the forums also but Matt didn't reply to them while he was on the forums this morning.

So, err, when is Live Chat usually online?

Andrew

9 answers to this question

Is there anything you'd like to know that the community might be able to help you with?

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure you can help as all my requests are basically begging Matt for functionality which is essential for our business to be a success with WHMCS (you know little things like the ability to charge VAT/tax and to have invoices generated when someone pays via WorldPay/PayPal subscriptions).

Andrew

They certainly aren't little things and if you just took a look around the forum you would see Tax and VAT support is being added for V2.6. If you want to talk to me directly then please use our MSN address: support@whmcs.com. I'm online at various times.

Matt

I don't use MSN. Matt, I've done a specific search for all of your posts that mention tax, the closest I can find is this:

"Ok, well for V2.6 I can look into it again. It's not problem implementing it onto invoices but it was subscription payments where I found there would be problems last time."

I can't make a business decision on purchasing a full billing system based on a "I can look into it" type statement. Now that you have confirmed that tax/VAT support will be included in the next release I am of course relieved. Please can I stress that support would be perfect if tax could be applied per package and that you can do both inclusive and additional VAT (again per package).

Any update regarding invoices? The folks at CE also don't send out a warning in advance when using something like PayPal subscriptions however when a payment is received (automatically by the subscription) an invoice is generated and marked as paid. This is essential behaviour that would seal the deal for us moving ahead with your, otherwise brilliant, system. Manually making the client pay an invoice each month (and therefore your PayPal invoices solution) is not an option for us.

Thanks, please don't read my above post in a negative way I'm just desperate to be able to go ahead with your script and these functions are essential for this to happen :)

Andrew

I agree regarding tax support - it really is a requirement for me also... paypal subscriptions shouldn't be too big of an issue as it should be able to add the tax percentage to the total before creating the subscriptionI would think...

If I'm understanding your request about paypal invoicing, this is not a requirement for me but I know where you are coming from as I have had 1 of my very few paypal customers very upset that he didn't receive any warning/reminder that he was about to be recharged for his account - I think most everyone else understands the paypal subscription system and expects the renewals. It would be nice for the system to send out an invoice/reminder a few days ahead of time...

Also, does it do this with credit card payments? i.e. if an account is due on the 1st, does it send out an email reminder and/or invoice (x) days in advance before actually charging their card on the 1st? My current system sends out an invoice early, but also immidiately charges their card at the same time which my customers don't like. I've never seen this in any other system so I didn't think to check if this system does it this way also.

-Kris

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Kris,

With credit card payments such as with Auth.net or BluePay, WHMCS generates an invoice as many days in advance as you set (default is 14 days) and sends a warning to the client of the upcoming credit card charge and then on the day the card is charged and invoice automatically marked paid.

Regards,

Matt

I was just browsing around ant noticed this in the changelog... :oops:

Changed Credit Card Gateways Method

> Now invoice generates x days in advance same as with other invoice gateways rather than on the day and sends email warning of automated upcoming credit card charge

> Credit Card Invoices which are due or past due are then charged automatically each day (except for offline cc which need to be processed manually)

Sweet!! :lol: