Invoice generation after import/creation

I'm in the middle of a switchover from MB to WHMCS - I attempted an import of data which failed after setting up the TLDs. Not really concerned with that problem, since I'm performing an account audit in the process. (But OMG - I can't believe the number of accounts MB simply wasn't billing - for no reason at all.. but I digress...)

ANYWAY, all of my accounts now have the same creation date, 6/30/2008. I prefer to generate invoices 30 days prior to the due date, with the invoices due on the 15th each month.

My MB system has already generated invoices due for 7/15. So my next billing cycle would be due on 8/15, with invoices generated on 7/16 or so. My question is this - if the CREATION DATE of the accounts say 6/30, but no invoices for july were generated, will whmcs try to generate invoices that make up that time frame (which would be double-billing)? OR will it simply bill one month regardless?

A more-clear version of this question: does the creation date of the account have any effect on the billing period of the generated invoices?

TIA

PS - I'm LOVING WHMCS so far - it's leaps and bounds beyond the capability and ease-of-use and (hopefully) reliability of Modern Bill. What a nightmare that experience has been.

• WHMCS CEO

The next due date is all you need to worry about. The registration date/date added to WHMCS won't have any effect. So if your accounts are due on 15th August, you would set the next due date to that and that will be the next time WHMCS invoices them.

And thanks for your feedback - always nice to hear from happy customers! :)

Matt