Free Accounts tracked as a Sale?

I see this as a bug, although I'm sure someone will explain to me why it is not, it's still a bug imo because it doesn't behave like I expect or want it to.

When you add a product to a user and use the options to not generate an invoice, the price of the product is still tracked as if the invoice was generated and money was received. We give out a lot of free products and this behavior is really messing up reporting. The only report that really means much to me is the monthly transactions because that is the main report that works as expected based on an actual transaction, the other ones do not.

When I look at the Monthly Orders report I expect it to say 0.00 for any accounts that were set to free accounts and had no invoice generated. Also I find the product name is missing from this report, which is a big omission in my opinion. I can't tell which of our 60+ products were ordered. All I see is their name and an amount that they may or may not have actually paid. Pretty useless to me, does anyone else not have this problem?

Another example is the Server Revenue Forecasts report. This report includes the prices for all products that are active, even if many of those are free accounts and never had any money collected. This behavior ruins the whole report.

Recurring Income Summary, same thing.

Basically if I didn't collect a payment for a product it should be counted and shown as 0.00 until the first payment is received. Also it should be counted as 0.00 for any future forecast reports if it is set to free account, even if it has been paid in the past. Obviously if it is a free account I'm not planning on getting paid for it so why would the system count it as producing income?

Essentially there are forward looking and backward looking reports, they should both reflect correct and latest status of all products in the system. If I change 10 paid accounts to free accounts, the forecast reports should update automatically to reflect this. I have been waiting for this stuff to be fixed in an update but it seems nobody has spoken up yet to get this stuff working like it ought to. The reports are close to being good, a few more tweaks to the logic and they would be really useful, so I'd like to see that happen.