Coupon/Discount - more than one at a time?

jbougeno

Is there any way to modify the coupon/discount system so that one code can apply to two products at the same time, i.e. a certain amount for domain and a certain amount for hosting? The alternative and probably better ideal would be to be able to apply two separate codes that create a cumulative discount. I see no way to allow a customer to apply two separate coupon codes for a cumulative discount or to enter one code that covers both discounts and applies them correctly.

• 6 months later...

Although the percentage way would solve your issues here, I would still like to see the ability to apply more than 1 voucher at the checkout.

For example the customer buys two products at once, and both have a promotion running, customers would be quite annoyed if they could only use one voucher.

I appreciate that they could place 2 separate orders, but obviously the shorter the customers journey to purchasing, the better.

When a code is entered in ours, then the validate button is pressed, we get the text that comes up confirming the vouchercode, but then the box and validation button dissapear...

Is something going wrong with ours then?

Have you uploaded the latest version ?

Have you ticked or unticked "use once per order" on the voucher definition ?

Yes Im on the latest version.

Maybe Im wrong, but I was under the impression that that setting was for that voucher in particular, to stop it being used again and again after all it says use only once, on an individual voucher, not the full cart.

I think people want to be able to use different vouchers on the same order, which if you have that box ticked you can't.

If you uncheck the box that would leave you open to people putting the same voucher in over and over, which would be disastrous.

Perhaps an additional 'shop wide' setting would be better if that's the case, and use that voucher specific box only for stopping vouchers being used with others.

That was exactly my intention for asking the question in the first place: I want to be able to allow two or more separate vouchers on one order. Yes, I can sit there and calculate the percentages or whatever to make it all fit on one voucher, but who wants to do that? I don't. That's what computers are best at. Besides, if you're able to allow multiple vouchers on one order, then it's much more obvious to the customer what discounts he is getting and it gives them a tingly feeling knowing they can apply multiple vouchers because it makes them feel like they're really saving.

Multiple vouchers on one order - a simple request. Can it be done or not? If so, lay out the specific details on how. If not, fix it - please.

If you uncheck the box that would leave you open to people putting the same voucher in over and over, which would be disastrous.

It let you use it n times where n= the number of items in the cart that the voucher applies to.

So no, there's no *current* way to use 2 *different* vouchers on the same order.

• 2 years later...

3 years later and this still hasn't been implemented, ridiculous!

Or am I wrong and it has been?

For example our customers should be able to use a voucher for removing setup fee and one voucher for a one off % of price reduction.