CPanel security update Sept 23 related issues

rykios

Hi,

I m running Version: 2.4.1 , was working FINE until oday that i updated CPanel/WHM to latest release tree ( recommended action to prevent a serious security issue, ref http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=58135 and discussion topic "Major Exploit" : http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=58090 )

After this time , WHMCS cannot create anymore new accounts in WHM, cannot terminate accounts, and possible lost other functionality.

Message is always "created/terminated SUCESSFULLY" still its not.

As NOTHING ELSE changed and timing is such , i take it should be related to RECENT changes in CPanel.

Anyone else experiencing this malfunction?

see at MB what happened after their recent update.. chaos to say the least... I have a friend who has MB i can tell you he suffered ... bugs and broken modules, malfunctions...

see here what happened after 2.5 recent update, several bugs discovered, few more may be discovered in the next few weeks, people complaining about different things

It is all as expected. I chose NOT to update untill new topics in support suggest new version is very very stable :)

i was ( and still am) a VERY HAPPY custommer running 2.4.1 solid rock stable

was hoping for a reply from people who chose wait, of course if no replies whatsoever i will have to upgrade to latest stable...

I am also still running WHMCS 2.4.1 (I am waiting for WHMCS 2.5.8 before upgrading) and my WHMCS will no longer create, suspend or terminate accounts. I submitted a support ticket before reading this Matt. :) Please let me know if you can find anything wrong.

2.5.8 is only going to be bug fixes. I really dont see any reason to wait to upgrade. You also shouldnt expect old software to continue to work with newer versions of cpanel. Just my opinion of course.

"Bug fixes" means no new features or functionality.

Actually, Matt has added the feature to open support tickets for clients from the admin area. He might have added a few other minor features as well. Anyway, Matt has said that there are not much differences between 2.4.1 and 2.5.7 in the way that WHMCS "talks" to WHM - so he thinks upgrading will not fix my problem. He's currently running some tests to see if he can find where the problem lies. :)

Thank you Steve for your reply,

it was the reply i was waiting for , verifies there should be some issue, but as this is only related in OLD version code i think its unfair to ask Matt to get in God knows how much trouble to fix something already fixed in NEWER code, i think its time indeed for both of us to upgrade to latest!

PS Of course we are not expecting add ons :) I think i speak on behalf of all those that chose to wait, we were only waiting for bugfixes. If latest available download in clients area ( dated SEP 3 ? ) contains ALL bugfixes , i think its now a good time to move on...