Nameservers and default page

thernes

Put whatever page you'd like in the cPanel/WHM Skeleton directory...any new signups will have whatever is in the skeleton directory copied to their public_html and public_ftp directories. The option to set the skeleton directory is in WHM.

An example of mine would be http://www.hopecommittee.org

In my skeleton directory, I have an index.php that simply consists of:

<? include('http://www.premieronline.us/header.php'); ?>
<? include('http://www.premieronline.us/recently.php'); ?>
<? include('http://www.premieronline.us/footer.php'); ?>

So anytime I want to make a change, I just change the "recently.php" on my site and it changes it for all sites that haven't uploaded anything yet...

Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I meant ;)

A customer buys only a domain name from me. I then have my default nameservers set so that the domain points to ns1.myns.com, ns2.myns.com. Now, when I enter the domain I have registered, nothing happens. I would like all new domains that is registered (when it is a domain only) to have a default page that shows my own content. I'm looking for the best way to do this I hope I explained it a bit better this time ;))

I understand..I thoguht they were getting hosting packages too. :)

Off thet op of my head, I'd say that you would have to park that domain in your cPanel and point it to a parked page on your site..I'm sure there's a cleaner solution to this, but I'd have to play around..I've never had anyone just get a domain with no hosting...

I think Chris is still on the right track. Probably the easiest way for you to do it is to customize your servers default whm page, you know the one that says: "the site does not exist here". That way you dont have to add any data about the "parked" domain anywhere within whm.

I think that should work, i havent tried it, the idea just popped into my head after reading this.

• 5 years later...
I think Chris is still on the right track. Probably the easiest way for you to do it is to customize your servers default whm page, you know the one that says: "the site does not exist here". That way you dont have to add any data about the "parked" domain anywhere within whm.

I think that should work, i havent tried it, the idea just popped into my head after reading this.

Does anybody know if this will actually work.

I've thought about putting something there just because, like ads for my services, but this would be great if it worked.

I would really like a way to have new domain registers without hosting pointed to a default parking page on my server somewhere.

I've thought about putting something there just because, like ads for my services, but this would be great if it worked.

I would really like a way to have new domain registers without hosting pointed to a default parking page on my server somewhere.

Yes, it would work, but you still need to configure the DNS records for the domain on your server, somehow.

Might be a bit of a long shot, but are you using a registrar that uses the LogicBoxes platform? (Resellerclub, Resell.biz, etc)

If so, we've created a custom script that does what you have described. If a domain is registered and the customer doesn't specify any nameservers, our default branded LogicBoxes nameservers are used and the free DNS service enabled for the domain. An A record is then added to point to a parked domain page on one of our servers. (http://parked.d9hosting.com)

Drop me a PM if you want more info on it.

Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I meant ;)

A customer buys only a domain name from me. I then have my default nameservers set so that the domain points to ns1.myns.com, ns2.myns.com. Now, when I enter the domain I have registered, nothing happens. I would like all new domains that is registered (when it is a domain only) to have a default page that shows my own content. I'm looking for the best way to do this I hope I explained it a bit better this time ;))

It all depends on the registrar, some of them allow you to setup a default page for registrations, others just have a white label page thats used, others dont have it at all, or have their own branded page.

heartinternet allow you to use any page you want with their domain reseller account. you can also use the api to register domains but not hosting or such, unless you take on a full reseller account.

this is the cpanel-skel directory, anything inside it is copied into a newly provisioned account.

so

/home/myreselleruser/cpanel-skel/public_html/this-will-be-added-to-a-new-account.html

will look like this when a new account is created

/home/newaccount/public_html/this-will-be-added-to-a-new-account.html

This means that the file you wrote and placed there will be copied to the account, using the default skel setup just puts a basic file (index.html) into the account to stop the directory index showing.

• 10 years later...
On 6/14/2012 at 7:42 PM, D9Hosting said:

Might be a bit of a long shot, but are you using a registrar that uses the LogicBoxes platform? (Resellerclub, Resell.biz, etc)

If so, we've created a custom script that does what you have described. If a domain is registered and the customer doesn't specify any nameservers, our default branded LogicBoxes nameservers are used and the free DNS service enabled for the domain. An A record is then added to point to a parked domain page on one of our servers. (http://parked.d9hosting.com)

Drop me a PM if you want more info on it.

Can you share details of the script