WHMCS & Vtiger CRM

Hello All;

We been using Vtiger CRM for a while now and it met all our business requirements... and now, we are implementing the WHMCS script to automate all the hosting creation and domain reservation beside the billing system...

The question is!! Is there a way to integrate Vtiger CRM with WHMCS so the client want have to login to two different customer portals?

Ala

why would a customer log into vtiger? Are you going to use the helpdesk in vtiger versus the whmcs helpdesk? Maybe its just me, but i have a lot of experience with crm software and i feel that vtiger is poorly code, bloated, and UI is just plain horrible. Its typical SE Asia junk

WHMCS is fantastic for those that signup or register, but its not great for managing a sales funnel of enquiries, quotes, pre-sales contacts and follow-ups (just to name few needs).

I've also used crm software in a variety of guise,(ACT, Goldmine, etc etc) and whilst vtiger is a pain to configure, its one of the few affordable OS online apps that can be modified readily by the average user.

I do use vtiger to manage sales enquiries for one of our businesses, but not for hosting & design

However, as i mentioned in another thread, I'd be happy to assist in a project collaboration.

MACscr, based on your practical experience, do you have some other recommendations?

It might also be prudent to continue this broader discussion in a new thread in the appropriate forum.

I think for most, I know for us vTiger isnt customer facing its purely for quotes and other sales parts. Plus the marketing side of it is pretty decent.

We dont use the support side at all, rather us WHMCS keep all the customer stuff in one place, even making invoices is done in WHMCS. But some kind of ability to turn a quote in vTiger into an invoice in WHMCS would be cool.

Other than that (and having the ability to see WHMCS customers in vTiger without having to export and import regularly) its not to much of an issue to keep them apart.

• 2 weeks later...
I think for most, I know for us vTiger isnt customer facing its purely for quotes and other sales parts. Plus the marketing side of it is pretty decent.

We dont use the support side at all, rather us WHMCS keep all the customer stuff in one place, even making invoices is done in WHMCS. But some kind of ability to turn a quote in vTiger into an invoice in WHMCS would be cool.

Other than that (and having the ability to see WHMCS customers in vTiger without having to export and import regularly) its not to much of an issue to keep them apart.

Yes, this is exactly what I would use it for as well.

Has anybody ever worked with SugarCRM? I hear it is more well developed, but not really 100% open source as they say.

Yes, this is exactly what I would use it for as well.

Has anybody ever worked with SugarCRM? I hear it is more well developed, but not really 100% open source as they say.

Ive been in the CRM dev arena for about 3 years now. Used to active work with both vtiger and sugar. Sugar is by far a lot better and is now using the GPL v3 license. Vtiger is very bloated and poorly designed. Just visit the forums there and its very easy to see why its in its current state.

While SugarCRM is far from perfect, its the best available open source solution out there.

Ive been in the CRM dev arena for about 3 years now. Used to active work with both vtiger and sugar. Sugar is by far a lot better and is now using the GPL v3 license. Vtiger is very bloated and poorly designed. Just visit the forums there and its very easy to see why its in its current state.

While SugarCRM is far from perfect, its the best available open source solution out there.

Thanks. I will stay with Sugar just due to your detailed answer. I still wish WHMCS had some sort of estimate system or slightly more advanced client management system.

I've just taken the plunge with SugarCRM alos, and apart from some minor difficulties in installing, i actually think its a better product.

Now of course I'm not intersted in using the support complonent, but i'd like to find a way to manage clients better and then have that info passed over to WHMCS, even if by an action button (send new client to WHMCS).

So if anyon ehas alrady reached that pinnacle, please contact me.

If you haven't but would like to, I'm not a coder, so i'd be happy to trade some marketing expertise for some coding collaboration.

• 2 months later...

Hola - We are using Sugar as well and would love to find a way to integrate this with WHMCS.

Honestly - if this were able to be done - I could see a great market opened up for WHMCS - as no one else has this ability to date.

Customers are really part of the business PipeLine.

You have leads, prospects or opportuntities, followup, meetings, phone calls, quotes, project build outs (ie - web design), bug tracking (did you miss something on the design?) and then finally at the end - the install onto the server and billing the client.

I applaud the WHMCS group for doing what they do - and doing it well...

Building a Sugar Like product would take years / months - and would most likely not be as good ... (or perhaps it could be better) however it would distract from the WHMCS product...

That being said - if there was some type of integration between the two - using the API's provided by both - a common database perhaps, shared logins etc - I think this would have a huge impact on the hosting business community.

Has anyone been able to figure out this implementation?

How many hours / what cost do you think it would take to complete the implementation...

• 3 months later...

We've been using sugarcrm for a few years now and we use it for exactly that, CRM. We have very basic integration (not really integration) in that when we get a new customer they also get created in sugar with product etc. (using the campaign forms). Customers have no access to sugar but we use it to track cases and things we do for them (we're a computer support company) and we've also created quite a number of modules). I would like it to integrate properly with WHMCS, the important to us being - are paid up, what services they have bought (last and next payment date) and possibly to be able to change their details. Right now our support team need to log into both.

I do have a couple of developers I could throw at this but they have not had the 'free time' to justify it. If a few people on here are open to either clubbing together to pay Matt and his team do it or contribute to my team doing I would be up for either. BTW, I'm also happy to pass the results on to others if everyone is in agreement.

What integration you want to do?

I think WHMCS is a great mini-CRM application for domain and hosting customers.

We use XRMS (great open source CRM) for the rest of our customers...

we "integrate" with our CMS website via a contact/product/service form that automatically enters contact, company, activity and opportunity information into the CRM so that it can be followed-up from there... works really good...

• 4 weeks later...

There is no comparison. SugarCRM is a real company with over 1000 Corporate paying customers, and vTiger is not. I went to SugarCon last year, and it was a good show. One of the war stories was some Brighthouse Networks, supposedly the #6 cable provider in the U.S., using Sugar as the platform for most of their internal processes.

Sugar has some warts for sure, and you really can't talk to the developers like you can with vTiger, but they have their act reasonably together, the way that $30 MM in V.C. money helps anybody look like they have their act together.

I am finding that WHMCS meets a lot of needs in hosting, though, from integrating with WHM, to scheduled and ad-hoc billing, so kudos to the team!

Best,

K

• 1 month later...

vTiger is just mis-understood. It can be a valuable tool in yoru back office my company is actually the only active UK partner with vTiger. We were using vTiger as a company only tool but decided to go with WHMCS to provide a more customer friendly portal. I found SugarCRM to be ugly and un-intuitive to use.

Interesting. It looks like SugarCRM has about 8 partners in the UK, including British Telecom :) My understanding is that BT is deploying Sugar as a utility/service to their customers as a value-add.

vTiger has made, what, one release in the past two years?

From a Corporate and stability viewpoint there is no comparison. Look back to MACscr's post about the vTiger forums, and the chaos there that was almost palpable from halfway around the World. Hopefully, things are better now.

Thanks for bringing this back up, because it made me go look again, and it looks like vTiger may have more current and more advanced Joomla! integration, so there's definitely some good stuff in there, and no one solution fits all.

Thanks!

Ken

We've used SugarCRM for about 3 years for quoting only but since WHMCS can now also quote we'll probably move away from SugarCRM as soon as the quoting module in WHMCS matures a bit.

From my research the only item that vTiger had which I couldn't find in neither SugarCRM nor WHMCS is solid purchase order integration. If we can find something to replace Quickbooks for our creditors that would be great, and purchase orders is an absolutely requirement. I don't however envision using WHMCS for our creditors soon - perhaps one day, but for now I'd like to see the focus remain on automated billing.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
So i take it there is no CRM integration with WHMCS?

We have integrated whmcs into vtiger. vtiger accts are auto created with new orders and order and payment status feed through and auto update. We can do this for others if this is what you want but it will have to wait for a couple of weeks as we are stretched resource wise at the moment.

Best

Nabil

BTW, as an ex heavy user of sugarcrm, vtiger blows its socks off.