? About Order Flow

kirk

I just tried a test order that included hosting a DirectI domain purchase and an add-on.

The order shows all three items but at the paypal checkout screen it only shows the subscription amount for the hosting service and not the domain or add-on.

Since I can not puchase from my self using paypal, will a customer be presented with three different subscription agreements?

Or is there a problem with the checkout?

When a domain is purchased and DirectI is the registrar. Does WHMCS pass this through to DirectI after payment is made. Or can I manually submit the domain. I have heard of cases of fraud with enom and their API how do we prevent it.

Thanks for you help

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

The user will be asked to setup three subscriptions - one for each item of their order. It is this way so single items can be cancelled and to allow the different payment terms to be used - eg. $3 monthly for hosting and $9 every year for the domain.

As for domain registrations - you do get to confirm all orders manually before any domains are actually registered with DirectI. The risk of fraud you mention is exactly why WHMCS works in this way. We do however get a lot of requests for it to be automated so I expect in the next version there will be an option to have it automated or not.

Matt

I know we've talked about this; but I can say from experience that any subscriptions after the first one are either never displayed, or never paid for. I've never had a successful order for domain and hosting together using PayPal subscriptions. They pay for the hosting, but they aren't presented with the option to pay for the domain; so we have to manually invoice them.