How do you handle same client, multiple accounts?

TDub

I know that WHMCS will allow a user to add multiple products under the same account and that works for most occasions.

But what happens when a customer has different billing for each account? For example, I have a customer who has a personal account, but also is the registered contact for a business account. The primary contact in this case is the same for both contacts, but the billing is different for each product.

I guess I could create an account called "John Smith" and another "John Smith2" but I can't use the same e-mail address, right? Just curious how you all handle this type of situation.

TIA

Yes. It's actually a pity WHMCS doesn't have assignable usernames to login with as well as/instead of the login email address.

Maybe this is really a "Feature Request" but it would be nice if a USERNAME logging into WHMCS saw ALL their accounts that thye have setup in WHMCS. Then they select the appropriate one to edit etc. Probably too tricky to do, but I suppose it would be like a "Reseller User Account" of WHMCS. :D

Cheers,

Paul

Yeah, I just create the same customer name, but different company/e-mail and that'll have to do. The intelligent search (which really should be on every page) allows me to do a search on last name and shows the company next to the name which helps quickly identify the right account under the same customer.