What does Bulk Domain Search do?

Rick67

This is how I misunderstood the directions:

Single domain search does not require you to enter a TLD in the text box.

I assumed that was the same for bulk search. So I was not entering the TLD's.

For bulk search the instructions should be changed to:

"Enter the domains in the field below (for example, YourWebsite.com), one per line - do not enter www. or http:// in front."

This is much more clear what the format should be. Matt told me a domain is not a domain without a TLD. He is 100% correct.

However, the front end is not for the hosting administrators, it's for the customers. I suspect very few customers know the difference between a domain and a TLD and whether or not they should enter "yourwebsite" or "yourwebsite.com". Expecially since the format is different from the single domain search.

For single domain searches, the instructions say:

Enter the domain and tld you wish to use in the boxes below and click Lookup to see whether the domain is available for purchase.

This again is confusing. If a domain must contain a TLD then the instructions are saying to enter it into the text box. Then they say to enter the TLD. I would think that also means enter the TLD in the text box also.

You don’t want them to enter the TLD, you want them to click on the TLD’s of their choices.

So again to make it consistent and so they won’t confuse it with the bulk domains, I would suggest you say:

Enter the domain (for example: YourWebsite) and click on the tld’s you wish to use in the boxes below and click Lookup to see whether the domain is available for purchase.

The last thing we want to do is confuse the customers and have them give up and lose a sale!

Thanks again for considering my suggestions! ;) Awesome software!