Credits (I know, I know - not again!)

wd33

I've checked and can't find the answer in the forums nor the manual. The question was raised before and thread meandered off the original question without answering it.

A customer enters 2 orders for 2 services. I then decide that I want to keep the orders that he has entered but I want to credit him the value of one of the orders effectively giving him the second service for free. From the admin page, I go to Manage Credits and enter a credit for $X. This seems consistent with the manual ("The credit will be added to the clients balance and credit entry shown on the credits list".) However the amount of the credit does not get credited to the clients balance and it is not available to apply as a credit manually to the invoice. However the credit is retained in the list of credits.

Am I misinterpreting the proper usage of Manage Credits? I understand that it can be applied automatically to the next invoice but I want to apply it to a pre-existing invoice.

Thanks for your help.

My problem is that under the Credits tab, I can't Add Credit To Invoice or Remove Credit From Invoice because both boxes say that $0.00 credit is available. I had assumed that adding a credit under Manage Credits would make funds available to apply to the invoice under that tab.

Under the Client Summary, it says Available Credit Balance: $0.00. Yet the credit I entered under manage Credits is still there.

ANSWER: Apparently I needed to also add the credit amount to the Profile tab under Client Profile to make it work. Now it works as I expected but it wasn't clear to me that the Manage Credits entry was purely informational - I assume - as a backup record for my manual entry of the amount under the profile tab.

ANSWER: Apparently I needed to also add the credit amount to the Profile tab under Client Profile to make it work. Now it works as I expected but it wasn't clear to me that the Manage Credits entry was purely informational - I assume - as a backup record for my manual entry of the amount under the profile tab.

No, your wrong, the "Manage credits" should actually add credit to the clients account and show as visible credit on their account for you to use against their invoices.

We have the same problem, ask matt to fix it.