NetEarth One, Module update in 3.6.1

netearth

Hi All,

The 3.6.1 NetEarthOne module now creates a seperate customer account for domains, as apposed to the 3.6.0 module that "stuffs" all domains in one customer account.

If you want to use this new feature, you have to move each of the domains out of the "1 WHMCS" customer account you created at NetEarth One into its own customer account.

If you dont want to use this feature, then just overwrite the 3.6.1 module with the 3.6.0 module and hey presto.

More info on how to upgrade from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1 module:

Firstly Matt has told me that all API work is carried out by the customers "WHMCS" login email address, therefore when you create the customer record on manage.netearthone.com you have to use that email address as the primary email address.

So a quick howto:

1. Login to netearthone control panel, go to Customers, Add

2. Use the email address and customer details that you have in WHMCS (write down the customerID and email address)

3. GO to Products, Search, Domain Registration Search

3.1 On Contact, Select from drop down "Registrant email address" and "equals" and place your "Customer WHMCS email address" in there

3.2 Put the "Order Creation Date" to "Within Last 1 Year" or 6 months, your choice.

3.3 Click Search

This will list all the domains to a specific email address as in 3.1, ie your customer in case they have more than 1 domain.

4 Click the OrderID number, and this takes you to the Domain Management Console, click "Move Service" on the 1st menu set at the end.

5. Enter CustomerID (the number from 2 above) and the email address (the email address from 2 above), check or uncheck the button as it doesnt matter because you have already used the information from WHMCS for the client record.

6. Click "Move Service to New Customer Control Panel"

7. Confirm the user details are correct, click Confirm.

If you had more than 1 domain for this Customer as in 4 above, then carry on to 8, if not goto 1 above and restart.

8. Now, a trick ;) hit the "back button" of your browser until you reach point 4 above (IE the list of domains) you will notice that the one domain you have just transferred is still in the list, this is cached, so select the next one down.

I am looking into a "Bulk Move" as we speak.

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris -

Are you saying that with 3.6.1 when a customer signs up, purchases domain name registration (with or without hosting) that they are automagically added to the logicbox with their own account? That all domain registrations are no longer dumped into the "Customer" account?

Are funds OK just in the reseller account or do we still need to move funds to the "Customer" account?

This sounds great if I'm reading it correctly.

Chris -

Are you saying that with 3.6.1 when a customer signs up, purchases domain name registration (with or without hosting) that they are automagically added to the logicbox with their own account? That all domain registrations are no longer dumped into the "Customer" account?

Are funds OK just in the reseller account or do we still need to move funds to the "Customer" account?

This sounds great if I'm reading it correctly.

Hi LeMarque,

No need to worry about funding customer account. Funds only need to be in the reseller account.

Regards,

Chris

quick howto, but doesn't seems a quick step for me. what about child nameserver and epp code as directi/rc has?

Hi ServMap,

All depends how many current domains you have in your NetEarthOne account. As I said at the beginning, if you don't want to do it, you can just continue using the 3.6.0 NetEarthOne module.

We gave Matt specific code for this because I believed it would make your lives simpler. As the NetEarthOne module is still very young with WHMCS, better to do this now rather than later when you guys have 500 odd domains or so to shuffle around!

But at the end of the day, its your choice. Re the EPP and child nameservers, that hasnt been added yet.

If you guys don't want me to add features to the module thats fine by me, but, is kind of restrictive. I must admit this was a huge change, but if implemented now isnt too bad.

Next features we are looking at will be in coming weeks/months, ID protect on/off by button at any time rather than just at domain registration/signup, EPP code and full ManagedDNS from within WHMCS for your customers.

Kind regards,

Chris

Re the EPP and child nameservers, that hasnt been added yet.

If you guys don't want me to add features to the module thats fine by me, but, is kind of restrictive. I must admit this was a huge change, but if implemented now isnt too bad.

Next features we are looking at will be in coming weeks/months, ID protect on/off by button at any time rather than just at domain registration/signup, EPP code and full ManagedDNS from within WHMCS for your customers.

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris -

I've still got funds from another directi account that I'm using up, so I haven't activated NE in WHMCS yet. As the previous poster says "child nameserver and epp code"; are they not available via WHMCS?

Thanks for the development work.

Lance

Chris -

I've still got funds from another directi account that I'm using up, so I haven't activated NE in WHMCS yet. As the previous poster says "child nameserver and epp code"; are they not available via WHMCS?

Thanks for the development work.

Lance

Hi Lance,

Not as yet re: child ns and epp, this will be added though.

Regards,

Chris

If you dont want to use this feature, then just overwrite the 3.6.1 module with the 3.6.0 module and hey presto.

Hi Chris. I'm the one who initially brought the 3.6.1 NE1 module problems to your attention. I've emailed you about this, but thought I'd post it here for others' consideration as well.

Rolling back to the 3.6.0 is not working for me. I have not tried splitting out the customers yet - just want to get NE1 working as previously.

When I'm logged in as a client, the domain management area does not show any dns servers for a domain registered with NE1, and attempting to change the nameservers simply shows a "null" on screen, and makes no changes.

Making dns server changes via the admin seems to work - just not from the client's interface.

Hi Troy,

On rolling back to 3.6.0 NE1 module, you have filled in the registrar modules, CustomerID field yeah?

I'll bring this post to the attention of Matt.

Kind regards,

Chris

Yes. I never removed the CustomerID, as I wasn't prepared (no time) to try separating all the domains into separate customers to make it work with the 3.6.1 module. I just re-checked my settings, and everything is still there for the NE1 configuration - Username, Password, ParentID and CustomerID.

Yes. I never removed the CustomerID, as I wasn't prepared (no time) to try separating all the domains into separate customers to make it work with the 3.6.1 module. I just re-checked my settings, and everything is still there for the NE1 configuration - Username, Password, ParentID and CustomerID.

Hi Troy,

I understand you have opened a ticket with Matt, and he is looking into it.

Kind regards,

Chris

I'm having problems with the new module too. It's giving me erros like can't get customerid etc. I've pushed all the domains in manage.netearthone.com. Do I have to change any settings in whmcs with the domain registrar area?

I think if you're sticking wiith the 3.6.1 module, and have moved your domains into separate accounts, you then have to blank out the CustomerID value in the NetEarthOne registrar config.

That's the problem I reported to Chris a couple days ago, but I've heard nothing about a resolution.

Hi Troy,

I understood from your last post it didnt work at all. Not that it worked in the admin area but not the customer area..!

Have you opened a ticket with Matt on this? I did mention this earlier and you had other tickets open with Matt but not on this specific problem.

Regards,

Chris

I have ticket open and it keeps getting closed.

Anyway my issue at this time is only on the client side. I have only setup one customer so far with the new 3.6.1 netearthone module and I am about to do the rest now even though it still does not work for the customers side.

I am not sure yet but I would think this would affect new orders for domains. It sucks that my customers have no control over their domain name. However, in the admin side I do have full control.

Kind regards,

Chris

It seems that you these options are still in the thought process with no rough ETA. It would be nice to start with the "register name servers" and "change nameservers". it's a pita having to do all the configuration for each domain