Directi - Error with UTF8 chars

Hi,

We are using WHMCS with UTF8 encoding. I noticed that when the contact information include some special UTF8 chars (like ą, ć, ł, ó) there is no chance to register the domain because the registration returns some unknown error. After converting all UTF8 characters to standard ones like ą to a, ę to e or ó to o the registration works.

Are these characters in the client's name (etc) or the actual domain name attempting to be registered?

If the latter - you can only register domains using the characters A - Z, 0 - 9 and a hyphen from the latin alphabet.

I talked to Matt about this a long time ago suggesting that he adds the possibility to transliterate the domain contact info before it's being sent to the registrar (all my customers are in Bulgaria and we also use UTF-8 with Cyrillic alphabet). My suggestion was that he provides this by the way of action hooks. Matt said that it's not going to be added any time soon.

So it is either we do some hacks in order to make it work or we can ask Matt again. If there are more people requesting this feature then maybe he'll finally agree.

Here is the poll I created on this subject - http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=6479

Best regards