Problem with the due date on v3.6

pauldy

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm new to WHMCS and am slowly trying to set a copy up for the first time.

I seem to be having an issue with the Due by date, and am not sure if this is a bug, or a feature or just something I'm simply not doing right.

I've set "order grace days" to 7, and find that when an order is placed through the customer order form the due by date on the automated "invoice generated" email and the attached pdf invoice is the same as the invoice date, rather than 7 days later, but the invoice I view through my browser at the end of the order process is correct.

If I then immediately send another copy of "invoice generated" email manually from the admin area, the due date on the email and the invoice has changed to the correct one, ie 7 days after the invoice date.

It's as though the automated email is being sent before the script checks the order grace days set.

At the moment I can't see any way around this other than to drop the due date from the email template.

Is this a bug? or something I've not set correctly?

Paul

I have not tried to replicate your issue but I have my packages to not enable until payment is received - If you are offering payment by some manual means and have your services set to not enable until payment is made the system would correctly calc the payment to be due immediately. The subsequent invoices should be created well in advance of your due date so that the sys can factor this in.

Yes I accept payments offline (cheque) and have it setup so that hosting is not setup until payment received, so I can understand the argument that the due date should be the same as the invoice date.

The real problem is that WHM appears to be inconsistent about this:

At the end of the order process the customer is taken to the invoice which shows a due date 7 days after the invoice date.

If the customer logs in and checks their invoice in their account, this too shows a due date 7 days after the invoice date.

Unfortunately the email sent out when the invoice is generated shows the due date and invoice date the same.

This inconsistency worries me as the invoice is effectivly being changed after generation and after being sent to the customer - not good.

Unless I'm missing something here.