WHMCS User passwords

bin_asc

The passwords in the database can be decrypted with the decrypt() function which is defined when whmcs function files are loaded. See documentation on creating new pages in whmcs, the function will be available to pages created in this manner.

Question, what encryption does the session upw have ?

As I am developping an import script from a custom site, this is of the highest interest to me, as my import script must save the clients profile with their password properly encrypted. Right now the way they are stored does not seem to be with the usual MySQL methods (mD5, Password, hash etc)? Or did I overlook something ?

Thanks.

Edit : Looks like we have to rely on WHMCS to encrypt those passwords; using the API and a function...Back to writing another function to encrypt passwords while importing our clients...

http://wiki.whmcs.com/API:Example_Usage

http://v3manual.whmcs.com/display.php?id=139

• 1 year later...
The passwords in the database can be decrypted with the decrypt() function which is defined when whmcs function files are loaded. See documentation on creating new pages in whmcs, the function will be available to pages created in this manner.

Nick, this function didn't work for me... I am on V4 of WHMCS. Is the decrypt() function still available? I am trying to decrypt the users passwords to get the MD5 HASH. :shock: