Browse Products & Services

ihostct

I am trying to determine how to get the section "Browse Products & Services" that shows when you use cart.php so that I can integrate it into a page on my main site, but I am not understanding how to get this. I see the "products.tpl" file, which I "think" is what I need, but I am not sure how to call to it to make it display within the other page. My WHMCS is on a separate vpn if that makes a difference. Any clues will be helpful. (could this be done with a PHP include somehow?)

I would also like to take the products listed on that page and correct the display so the description is on the left and the order button is to the right of it, rather than below it. (I think this will help to consolidate the page content). I can not determine which file I need to edit to make this correction. (getting the curly bracket blues again here)

I seem to be having a difficult time digesting all of this but I am trying!

Thank you in advance!

Well I have managed to get just about everything set the way I want... still fighting with the actual layout in the products.tpl file (which BTW is not so easy) and I am making progress, so with enough beating on it I'm sure I will eventually accomplish my goal.

What I still have not figured out is how to call this template page onto my main site (on another server) and have it function correctly. Can anyone possibly assist or advise me in finding the steps that I need to take to get this done?

Thank you!

Each page within WHMCS requires a lot of stuff loaded like Sessions (for logins) and other information like database connections.

If you include the products page into your own web page, then this information will not load. It may be possible to load this outside WHMCs but it won't be easy, as WHMCS's source is not useable (it's encrypted) to see what needs adding.

What I have done is edit the templates in WHMCS to match my website templates, and I feel this is much easier.

Yes, this is challenging to say the least!

The idea really was to get the product list (hosting plans) and their pricing/descriptions from the database on to the main site so I could keep the site in tact and have the customer stay on the site for as much of the signup procedure as possible (at least to select the hosting plan from there), the bonus would have been that I wouldn't have had to update the page when I changed a hosting plan ;)

Unfortunately I have determined that this is beyond my abilities, for now anyway.

Thanks JasonO!