Signup Using Upper Case in Domain breaks cPanel integration

wizzy420

Anyone else had this .. user signed up and registered a domain like:

MyDomain.com

The account in WHMCS was created (for cPanel) as "MyDomai" and the user could not change their cPanel password (via WHMCS customer portal), other things didn't work.

On cPanel, it setup the account as "mydomai" so until I went into WHMCS and changed the products/service tab login from "MyDomai" to "mydomai" and hit save various things didn't work.

Basically WHMCS would try to connect to cPanel and go "dude, tell me about MyDomai. Change the password for MyDomai" and cPanel would come back "WTF are you talking about, I ain't got no account MyDomai here!"

W

I had a different problem, but also caused by "case sensitive".

When I configured domain pricing, I called them .COM, .NET... not .com, .net....

The free domain feature would not work.

The lookup other TLD feature would double up - .COM = Available and .com = available.

</head_banging>

Maybe move this to Bugs?

This happened to me again today, user used upper case in domain name signing up and it broke the connection between WHMCS and cPanel.

I must be missing something as no one else seems to have this problem. Is there a config option in WHMCS or cPanel dealing with upper case in domains that I am missing?

This time they signed up using EXAMPLE.COM and WHMCS set the username as "EXAMPLEC" and cPanel had it as "examplec" (no, it wasn't literally example.com, that is an example)