No Expiry Date for Transfered Domains in WHMCS

Jase

Currently no expiry date is given to transfered domains.

The expiry date must be added manually in WHMCS.

I beleive the most simple way to automate this is as follows:

Using a cron job, have WHMCS do a whois, extract the expiry date and add it.

It may not be the cleanest way, however it is better then having a human perform the same process.

Until a cleaner way can be found, I beleive this would do for now.

One issue is: WHMCS may not know when the domain has completed the transfer process.

This could be resolved as follows:

1. When the transfer is initiated, WHMCS checks whois details and adds an entry into a text file.

2. A cron job checks the text file, then does a whois once each day, and when the details change, updates the expiry date and removes the entry from the text file.

As a precaution it could be useful to have a "dates sync" cronjob run say once a week, that would compare the expiry date of domains in WHMCS against a whois server, and alert us in case of discrepancies, so that we can manually upate the correct dates from the admin. Something else I'd be interested in, would be a cronjob checking domains in the system against a Whois, to get rid of domains that were transfered out by changing their status. Not sure what others think but I may add this as a suggested feature ?

As a precaution it could be useful to have a "dates sync" cronjob run say once a week, that would compare the expiry date of domains in WHMCS against a whois server, and alert us in case of discrepancies, so that we can manually upate the correct dates from the admin. Something else I'd be interested in, would be a cronjob checking domains in the system against a Whois, to get rid of domains that were transfered out by changing their status. Not sure what others think but I may add this as a suggested feature ?

Modernbill used to do this if you used Enom - you'd run a cron every X days which just checked your account and syncronised the dates.

This could be what Matt already added to 3.6.1 though?