AJAX Order Signup Email Validation

nielsenj

This mod contains the files necessary for you to implement AJAX email validation on your order forms.

For those of you who do not know what AJAX is, it basically will provide instant feedback to the user without having to reload or refresh the page.

This specific mod checks for the following conditions:

- Valid format (username@some-domain.com)

- That it is not an email located on a domain in the order (optional)

- That it is not an email located on a domain in the WHMCS "banned domains" list (optional)

Requirements:

- User has java enabled (if it is not enabled it will still validate on submission)

- A database username and password to access WHMCS (optional)

- General knowledge on how to edit PHP and javascript files

Tested On:

- IE 7

- FF 2

- Server with PHP 5.2.5 (should be compatible with lower versions, but not sure)

Screens:

http://www.mcintegrator.com/downloads/screens/orderemail/

Link:

http://www.mcintegrator.com/downloads/Domain%20Check%20On%20Signup.zip

Regards,

J

It works exactly as is shown in the screens.

My development installation stays private due to server information that's contained within the debug/development feedback.

I was hoping someone would post a link to their form if they used it.

Until i finish with my WHMCS mods there won't be a publicly available link.

I have been looking everywhere for a mod like this. However, I cannot get this to work. I'm using it on the default order form and have double checked and have followed the instructions to a t. It allows me to enter email addresses associated with the domain I'm signing up for.

Any suggestions?

If it's installed properly on the "default" order form (http://www.yourdomain.com/WHMCS/order.php?step=5) should have the following in the source code when you select "view source" or the like:

var domaininfo=new

In that array should be any domains that were entered during the ordering process, ie if i entered that i wanted to transfer "testa.com" the array would look like this:

<script type='text/javascript'>var domaininfo=new Array("testa.com");</script>

Please make sure that the order form has this in it as this is the array that the script checks for validity.

Furthermore, you can manually add the above script code into the top of your order-signup.tpl file and any domain you add into that array will be protected against. This is a viable way to test that you have it setup correctly, if it does not protect against domain elements in the array then there is something else wrong.

You can also PM me a direct link to the order form and i can check it for the front end stuff if you like.

Please let me know the results!

Regards,

J

It works exactly as is shown in the screens.

My development installation stays private due to server information that's contained within the debug/development feedback.

I understand that, I just thought you use it on your live domain as well, so we could see it in action.

I was hoping someone would post a link to their form if they used it.

Until i finish with my WHMCS mods there won't be a publicly available link.

Does anyone have this active on their domains yet? I'd like to see it in action

• 11 months later...

Sorry to re-open this old thread but I have take a look to this addon and appear to be nice...But for what I understand this permit to check email only when a user order a product...If a user want only subscribe without buy a product (typically when a user want become only affiliate) this addon will not work....

Any suggestion ?

You would have to make the appropriate changes to the template for your affiliate sign-in form to link to *.js file. You'll also have to modify the *.js file to check the proper form field entry.

The rest should be the same as i'm assuming you would still be checking it against the banned emails DB table.