previous balance

freedombi

I'm looking to include the previous balance on invoices. I see the [PreviousBalance] variable, but it doesn't quite work as I'd like. As an example, I have a customer with two invoices, the first of which (February) is not yet paid, and the second of which (March) is partially paid. On the February one, [PreviousBalance] is the original balance of the March invoice, which would look confusing if the February invoice had to be resent.

Also, it doesn't appear possible to get a payment history for displaying in the invoice. In most cases, [LastPaymentAmount] is sufficient most of the time, but also does not include the date of payment. Perhaps having some of the details of the previous invoice, determined by date, would be useful here.

I know I can use [AllDueInvoices]. How do most people use this so as to prevent confusion if a previous invoice has to be resent or reprinted?

We're looking for similar functionality. We're currently evaluating the 15 day trial in hopes of jumping ship from ModernBill.

We'd like the invoice sent each month to reflect a proper "Balance Due" amount.

Example:

If the user has 3 UNPAID invoices and we send them an email using the [AllDueInvoices] variable it shows the total amount due for all 3 invoices but completely disregards any partial payments on any of the invoices.

How can we get the system to show a total amount due - taking into consideration any partial payments that may have been made?

This appears to be the last hurdle we need to overcome before we purchase a license.

We're really impressed by the systems feature set and speed.

Thanks for any input!