Product Addons

MikeDVB

We have Dedicated IP at $2/month set up as an addon that is available during account creation.

There are two things, one may be an issue, and the other is more of a feature request.

The first, the issue is:

A customer placed an order today for 3 months of hosting & a dedicated IP, it billed them for the 3 months of service and then 1 month of dedicated ip, which is fine I suppose, but when I check the calendar it is still showing the Addon (Dedicated IP) as due tomorrow even though it has already been paid. When I go into the account addons it lists the next due date as 3/21/08 but it will not let me update it/change it even though it has been paid already.

The second part is:

I have not tested to see if making the Addon for each billing duration will give multiple options on the order page, or if it will give the option appropriate to the hosing duration. But it would be *great* to bill an addon at the same duration as the hosting account. So rather than billing Hosting once every 3 months and a dedicated IP once a month, to bill the addon with the hosting.

Mike

We set up our dedicated ip's in the end as configurable options instead of addons, that way it bills them for the same duration as the hosting it goes with, its a bit of a pain putting them into every package, but we found it improved things.

• 3 weeks later...
We set up our dedicated ip's in the end as configurable options instead of addons, that way it bills them for the same duration as the hosting it goes with, its a bit of a pain putting them into every package, but we found it improved things.

I don't know how I missed this, this is a HUGE improvement! Thank you.

• 8 months later...