3.6 create order from admin

When I try to create an order for a customer,

I uncheck the: Don't Send Order Confirmation Email & Don't Generate Invoice check boxes. As soon as I choose one of the radio buttons for a different category, the boxes fill in with checks, and are ghosted out and can change them back to being unchecked.

We have experienced the same behavior and I believe first noticed on 3.5.1 & 3.6 whereas the check boxes were greyed out when attempting to place orders from the admin side.

Did you click the "Change Order Options" buttons? That is what enables the checkboxes.

Did you click the "Change Order Options" buttons? That is what enables the checkboxes.

The system works fine if you choose "new order" from the orders dropdown whereas you can select or deselect them.

The problem occurs if you are on a clients profile page and click "Add New Order" on the summary page. They are then greyed out and sends the order confirmation etc when done. If you click to change when the oppurtunity presents itself, the order completes sending the emails and then goes back to the start with the ability to change these options.

EDIT: OK went to confirm and if you click the change options button when begining the order or before getting near the end, it does give the option to place check marks. Unfortunately, if you have already started entering info, you also loose where you are. So I guess this is NOT a bug as described.

I still feel you should start the order process with the ability to check the boxes when starting the order from the summary page though.

I had brought this issue up before. I have a client that provides hosting as part of his program and I get emails from him to set up hosting accounts.

I create the initial account for the member area then go to Products/Services and click on the order button. It starts out with selecting the hosting package with the checkboxes grayed out and I have to manually click the change order button each time.

I was asking for it to start out with being able to select the checkboxes without having to click on the change order button each time, possibly with an option to be able to change the default action, but, there was a lot of negative input on it so I dropped it. I don't think they understood what was happening.